Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Help to check version of FBNeo

<< < (2/5) > >>

barbudreadmon:
Yeah, it seems like i was misled by the design, and too focused on the "buy" button and the lack of documentation on how to install the OS.

So they are using the generic arm builds from libretro "core updater" ? Well, considering how big the impact of optimized cflags is on those platforms (i think we are in the range of 20-30% performance gain here), they should give optimized packages and a tool to update them from sources like retropie and pretty much any of those retrogaming distros.
Not sure when or if that libretro generic arm buildbot will be back, its disappearance might be permanent tbh since those platforms usually make their own optimized builds.

barbudreadmon:
I asked around, it seems there are plans to bring that buildbot back, it might be in a few months though, they have been in the process of migrating their buildbot architecture over the last months and this one is a low priority.

antiriad:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on December 30, 2020, 03:55:58 AM ---Yeah, it seems like i was misled by the design, and too focused on the "buy" button and the lack of documentation on how to install the OS.

So they are using the generic arm builds from libretro "core updater" ? Well, considering how big the impact of optimized cflags is on those platforms (i think we are in the range of 20-30% performance gain here), they should give optimized packages and a tool to update them from sources like retropie and pretty much any of those retrogaming distros.
Not sure when or if that libretro generic arm buildbot will be back, its disappearance might be permanent tbh since those platforms usually make their own optimized builds.

--- End quote ---

I'm not an expert, but there are two nightly ARM builds: armhf and armv7-neon-hf. I suppose the latter is optimized for Raspberry Pi 3?
Both are dated 18/11, honestly I don't understand what's happening and I'm a bit confused (when version 1.0.0.01 came out?)

May I build one updated version of the Libretro core of FBNeo by myself?  :S

Thank you

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: antiriad on December 30, 2020, 07:40:46 AM ---I suppose the latter is optimized for Raspberry Pi 3?

--- End quote ---

It's for generic neon platforms, meaning dozens of different cpus that will benefit a lot from more precise cflags.

--- Quote from: antiriad on December 30, 2020, 07:40:46 AM ---May I build one updated version of the Libretro core of FBNeo by myself?  :S

--- End quote ---

You might be able to build a core by cloning https://github.com/libretro/FBNeo.git then using this make command :
make -j5 -C src/burner/libretro/ platform=rpi3

You'll need dev tools on your pi though, and to copy the core to the right place, i can't give you guidance about that.

antiriad:
I was able to build the core and to put it in the right folder: and it is AWESOME!!!  :biggrin:
I can really see the difference in performance against the generic builds!

Thank you very much for your patience and your kind support!!!

Last question: is the "Enable Cyclone" option good for Rpi3? Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version