Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

DAT File to use with libretro core

<< < (2/3) > >>

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: TheDan on December 20, 2023, 08:36:10 AM ---I'm using the Anbernic RG35XX-Plus, a handheld device that comes with RetroArch preinstalled. Therefore,  I think my RetroArch configuration is not in its default state and already customized for the device; for instance, the Online Updater was disabled by default, perhaps due to concerns about its proper functionality.

--- End quote ---

I don't understand, how did you install FBNeo then ?
For the reminder, FBNeo's license forbids its use in any kind of commercial activity, including coming preinstalled in a commercial product.

dink:
Barbudreadmon,
afair, when i downloaded retroblarch from the play store: it only downloaded the ancient fbneo cores.  which is probably the same problem he's having.  I had to manually download one from a buildbot or something (can't remember exactly) to get to download the current/up to date cores.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: dink on December 20, 2023, 10:42:17 AM ---Barbudreadmon,
afair, when i downloaded retroblarch from the play store: it only downloaded the ancient fbneo cores.  which is probably the same problem he's having.  I had to manually download one from a buildbot or something (can't remember exactly) to get to download the current/up to date cores.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, good catch, that anbernic thingy might be running android. You can't update libretro stuff through the play store due to some changes in google's policy several years ago, you indeed have to manually install the apk.

Alternatively, the other day, someone on discord was mentioning a retrogaming project for those handhelds, it's called JELOS : https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/distribution
It's a minimalistic linux distribution bundled with many emulators, including a recent version of retroarch and our libretro core, and it's apparently very active. It's sort of retropie/recalbox/batocera but specialized for those handhelds.

TheDan:
It must run on Linux rather than Android; however, the default operating system that comes with the device is not very good. The preferred operating system for this device is GarlicOS, but since the device recently underwent a revision, the development for the latest Garlic OS is not yet complete. As a result, we are currently stuck with the stock OS.

--- Quote ---afair, when i downloaded retroblarch from the play store: it only downloaded the ancient fbneo cores.  which is probably the same problem he's having.  I had to manually download one from a buildbot or something (can't remember exactly) to get to download the current/up to date cores.
--- End quote ---

Can the latest core for Linux be downloaded manually from somewhere maybe GitHub to install it via RA?

--- Quote ---I don't understand, how did you install FBNeo then ?
--- End quote ---

It was already installed with v1.0.0.03 but no mention of a commit, so i updated and thats resulted in downloading an old version 1.0.0.1.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: TheDan on December 20, 2023, 12:21:17 PM ---Can the latest core for Linux be downloaded manually from somewhere maybe GitHub to install it via RA?

--- End quote ---

I have no idea.

Tbh, the people you should ask for support are the people who broke our license by illegally selling you our project as part of a commercial product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version