Author Topic: FBA libsnes implementation  (Read 13936 times)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Re: FBA libsnes implementation
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
The skeleton is made by OopsWare

It was Oopsware. I left it in the src, but didn't add it to makefiles. It doesn't do much, and if I was to look at it, I would start from scratch.

SM_ROM, SM_RAM, etc. will need changing to SH2_ROM, SH2_RAM, etc., if you want to use it.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 05:11:18 PM »
Yes, it complains to me that SM_ROM and SM_RAM have not been defined if I do not include sek.h in d_suprnova.cpp.

I looked at the recent commits - thanks. I'm still missing the .vcxproj and .vcxproj.filters file in the libsnes 360 solution directory though. Perhaps those could be added as well.

I committed a fix for d_suprnova.cpp that will compile, if you want to compile it. I added the missing files to the projectfiles too.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Twinaphex

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »
Me and Maister have decided to change the name of libsnes to libretro and slightly tweak the spec. It was originally a spec made by byuu - however, we are the only ones who have done any libsnes ports so far, and the proposals for a v2 of the spec weren't any good - so we feel more comfortable forking it - all the ports so far are done by us anyway - so it shouldn't really matter in the long run.

libsnes and SSNES originally began as being only for Super NES - but obviously that isn't the case anymore - so it seems silly to keep the name. Plus some of the library function names are a bit SNES-specific - so we're going to standardize all that.

There will be some changes that I will be pushing to the private repo soon to reflect these changes. Hopefully those can be committed then.