Author Topic: Next FBA Release update request  (Read 10499 times)

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
Next FBA Release update request
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »
In the next FBA update, i expect several changes and games added, which should be coming out soon.
Games added: Darius Gaiden, Gekirindan, Alien 3: The Gun, Storm Blade, Vasara, Vasara 2, Puchi Carat, Metal Slug 6, and Samurai Shodown 6

Game fixes: Battle Garegga savestate load crash, Desynch in Samurai Shodown 5 Special and 19XX, and if possible, ending bug in Fatal Fury 2 and 3 for all characters

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Next FBA Release update request
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »
In the next FBA update, i expect several changes and games added, which should be coming out soon.
Games added: Darius Gaiden, Gekirindan, Alien 3: The Gun, Storm Blade, Vasara, Vasara 2, Puchi Carat, Metal Slug 6, and Samurai Shodown 6

Game fixes: Battle Garegga savestate load crash, Desynch in Samurai Shodown 5 Special and 19XX, and if possible, ending bug in Fatal Fury 2 and 3 for all characters
And I expect a million dollars in gold bars. I think we both need to lower our expectations.

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:59 PM »
I didn't ask for too much. Fine, Metal Slug 6 and Samurai Shodown 6 additions can wait for a while since they are late games and probably take a while to add and they don't run on MAME. Meanwhile, I want the other games added and the games listed fixed. I only listed a few games to add and fix. These games run on MAME.

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
There are better ways of asking for things reading your post seems like a list of demands

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »
Quote from: KiethSomataw99 link=topic=2391.msexpectations. msg15475 date=1364930519
I didn't ask for too much. Fine, Metal Slug 6 and Samurai Shodown 6 additions can wait for a while since they are late games and probably take a while to add and they don't run on MAME. Meanwhile, I want the other games added and the games listed fixed. I only listed a few games to add and fix. These games run on MAME.
I want several attractive, but sexually aggressive, women to ravage me at once.
Again, I think you and I may need to lower our expectations.

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »
Very well then, I am lowering what i expect for the new release a bit, spread out my requests.

I would like for this release to add Darius Gaiden and Gekirindan please. (The others can wait, hopefully adding two games isn't too much expected)

I also would like to see the desynch in 19XX and SS5S plus the savestate bug in Battle Garegga. (Other fixes can wait) Can the developers make it happen please, now that I think i lowered my next release expectations greatly? Please don't ban me.

Oh, by the way. What month is likely that the update is released?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:02:45 PM by KiethSomataw99 »

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 09:04:57 AM »
developers will work on whatever developers want to work on.

I'm actively avoiding working on Raiden 2 and some PGM stuff for MAME right now because some idiot is spamming MAMEdev and my mail account every week about them (it was multiple times a day, every day for the previous 6 months)

I don't think you understand the sheer amount of work involving in emulating the games you mention, the complexity of the hardware.  Either that, or you're trolling, because your posts read either as completely uninformed and unwilling to do any research of your own to actually understand the nature of emulation, or as a troll just trying to annoy the developers with requests.

Taito F3 is a VERY complex system in terms of the video, MAME doesn't even get it correct at the moment, and doing so will probably make the driver a lot slower.  It would be an enormous amount of code for FBA devs to write, and in the end they'd just end up replicating all the MAME bugs too because the rest will probably require extensive hardware tests.

Desyncs can be practically impossible to track down, because you never know exactly when they're going to happen and an enormous amount of factors can be involved.

Things like Naomi and Atomiswave are outside the scope of the project entirely, likewise PSX based stuff.

Maybe MAME makes these things look easy, but the number of hours of work put in there is astronomical, even just trying to copy and paste the drivers for the more advanced systems would be an insanely difficult task for FBA because a lot of the backend / framework MAME has simply doesn't exist.  If you simply copy all that too, then you have nothing but a copy of MAME, at which point you may as well just use MAME.

The sheer stupidity of some of the requests here, and on barry's site are nearly unbelievable.  People have dedicated YEARS to emulating some of the systems mentioned, and yet people expect FBA devs to simply conjure something up out of nothing in a few days?

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »
Fine, can you give me at least the approximate date of the next fba release and what games would be added?

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »
the most likely answers are 'later than you want it to be' and 'none that you care about'

again you seem to just be demonstrating a complete ignorance for emulation and emulation development.

these are not commercial projects, they do not have release dates, or any fixed targets in terms of what gets included for any given release, they're simply the product of whatever people feel like doing at any given time, in their spare time, as a hobby, for fun.

if you follow the various "what I've been working on" type threads here you'll have some idea of what has been looked at, and the current state of it, but even that's no guarantee of anything.

Why do these things bother you so much?  For every one of the systems you've mentioned the difference between MAME and FBA is likely to be minimal at best.

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »
I don't know much about any of that. I have no experience on development.

Offline BritneysPAIRS

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 01:50:17 AM »
want several attractive, but sexually aggressive, women to ravage me at once.

Me to

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
Nothing Like that. You all know what, all my requests can hold off since even a small single game or fix is a lot. I'm better off wait and see. It's been about four months since the last update and Barry probably made good progress. I should expect the next release within the next few months or so. After all, it's not a commercial project so progress takes a lot of time. I'll just see what the changes are at the next release.

Offline KaNyErO

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
This is a free project. Developers do what they feel it's funny or interesting for them.  If you had made some progress in the emulation of any game, then you could post what you got and maybe you could catch their eyes and help you to improve the emulation. In other words: They would be glad to help you if they consider the project interesting enough. But if you are only demanding them to make the work for you, i'm sorry to say you won't get your goal.

I remember when this forums had a lot of new users asking for mortal kombat emulation in fba. You can use the search option and see what happened with that.

Btw. I'd like to see new neogeo games emulated, but since i have not donated a single $ to buy the boards, i'm sure i wont see a new neogeo dump untill they are released for the public.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:05:17 AM by KaNyErO »

Offline weetabix66

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »
Bug.
Caveman Ninja 's music is wrong.

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Newbies
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
To hell with my requests then! I'll forget them and wait for several months or so, and accept what changes they made in the next version.