Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Gyruss sound?

<< < (2/2)

iq_132:
I'll have to dig into it. That's weird. :(

barbudreadmon:
Yeah, i know this is a bad thing to bump old topics, but i was wondering if fbalpha's gyruss sound was not slightly off compared to mame's ? At first i thought it was only a volume issue (sound volume seems kinda low in fbalpha for this game), but now i'm starting to think this is more than a simple volume issue. I tried playing around with samplerate and interpolation, but nothing felt close to the sound in mame (version 0.78, i didn't check with later mame) for this game.

dink:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on January 28, 2018, 01:45:35 PM ---Yeah, i know this is a bad thing to bump old topics, but i was wondering if fbalpha's gyruss sound was not slightly off compared to mame's ? At first i thought it was only a volume issue (sound volume seems kinda low in fbalpha for this game), but now i'm starting to think this is more than a simple volume issue. I tried playing around with samplerate and interpolation, but nothing felt close to the sound in mame (version 0.78, i didn't check with later mame) for this game.

--- End quote ---

Of course, this thread is basically about the time when sound/music in Gyruss didn't work at all (pre-.35).

Basically, I set Gyruss up how I like it to sound.  I didn't like how it sounds in MAME.  Though, now that you mention it - I would like to revise it a little bit to make certain things louder.

bye for now & best regards,
- dink

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: dink on January 28, 2018, 06:07:17 PM ---Basically, I set Gyruss up how I like it to sound.  I didn't like how it sounds in MAME.  Though, now that you mention it - I would like to revise it a little bit to make certain things louder.

--- End quote ---
It seems they rebalanced sound/volume with version 0.93/0.94, the 0.78 version (mame2003-libretro) sounds really nice though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version