General Emulation > MAME

Can the Cave cv1k driver be added to Mame 0.139u1 ?

<< < (3/3)

dink:
Cyvern is not the most resource-intense of the suprnova games.  Guts'n or VS Block Breaker/Saru Kani use a bit more of the sh2's cpu.  I think that the cv1k games will fare good in fba though. 

el_rika:
Hehe, i'm very anxious to see it happend one day :D

Arcadez:

--- Quote from: el_rika on November 19, 2016, 05:53:22 AM ---I remember reading a while back, on these very forums, that when porting Super Kaneko Nova System (Cyvern still beeing one of the most resource intensive games in all of FBA) some "hacks" were used in order to make it playable on mainstream hardware. So...maybe it's possible for Cv1k drivers as well... ;p

--- End quote ---

The MAME driver has speedhacks for all those games as standard, when it comes to the most resourse heavy game Supernova wise
i'd go for Sengaki Strikers for the most resource heavy game in FBA surely that would be Killer Instinct..???

Romhack:
CV1k has a 133MHz SH3. Killer Instinct a 100MHz MIPS3 (And a ADSP2105 at 10MHz). These hardware are N times faster than any other hardware emulated by FBA.
When I have time I'll try to write an SH3 cpu core for FBA. I am thinking about something like MAME's UML for FBA to write dynamic recompilers, GNU Lightning seems to be a great option, it has many backends (AArch64, ARM, PPC, SPARC,MIPS,x86(64),etc...).

dink:

--- Quote from: gamez fan on November 19, 2016, 10:11:03 AM ---The MAME driver has speedhacks for all those games as standard, when it comes to the most resourse heavy game Supernova wise
i'd go for Sengaki Strikers for the most resource heavy game in FBA surely that would be Killer Instinct..???

--- End quote ---

Sengeki Striker is definitely the most resource intense Supernova game.  But, its such a terrible game that I mentally block it out when thinking about Supernova games :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version