Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Issues with classic arcade roms like Galaga, Frogger, Centipede, Galaxian

<< < (3/3)

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Alturis on January 28, 2018, 10:36:38 AM ---Ah ok. Is that recommended typically? It sounded like often the latest sources might have new bugs and such.

Do people generally update from sources as standard practice?

--- End quote ---
Why not ask the right people why they don't update the binaries they provide ? I have no clue myself but i know answering several times a week about this same issue because of this is starting to get annoying.
This is not a support forum for retropie or whatever you are using. This is not the right place to report issues about libretro-fbalpha either (https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha is the right place).

Also, after updating from sources, don't forget to remove the corrupted .hi files.

Alturis:
Cool thanks for the link I will check on there. Thanks for your time guys.

And yep I have been deleting the .hi file with each test.

Alturis:
If I had to guess I would say that the libretro fba guys only port over official releases of fba. Looks like the last one was in July of 2017 at v0.2.97.42

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Alturis on January 28, 2018, 11:04:23 AM ---If I had to guess I would say that the libretro fba guys only port over official releases of fba. Looks like the last one was in July of 2017 at v0.2.97.42

--- End quote ---
As i said, i fixed libretro-fba in late december (see https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha/issues/162), the issue is with the binaries provided by retropie, recalbox or whatever you are using. You should ask them.

dink:

--- Quote from: Alturis on January 28, 2018, 11:04:23 AM ---If I had to guess I would say that the libretro fba guys only port over official releases of fba. Looks like the last one was in July of 2017 at v0.2.97.42

--- End quote ---

fyi: I do FBAlpha core/driver dev on Windows and don't know much about the Pie versions, so bear with me :)

Of course, only release versions get ported over, but when nasty bugs pop up they usually get fixed asap and re-released.
Once someone figures out how to upgrade the RetroPie fbalpha core to the latest with the hiscore fix, I'd appreciate if they would respond here with how they did it to help future people with the problem.

thanks,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version