Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

input lag is too high on certain games?

<< < (2/7) > >>

dink:
technique:
fba: pause + right key + F1 to frame advance
mame: pause + right key + leftShift-P to frame advance

Windowed: Using mame 0.195 I get 2 frames in DoDonpachi and 4 in FBA for inputlag.
You will get an extra frame of lag fullscreen due to video buffers/flipping/etc.  I didn't test fullscreen. 

Let's do some debugging:
so, testing DoDonpachi in fba, I have it print out the inputs every frame to a debug window.  It registers that the input has been pressed on the very first frame, but, the game doesn't respond until the fourth frame.

What could be going on here?  Definitely the problem isn't FBA's input handling, because it registers the input immediately.  I think something might be wrong with the game's timing.  I will look into it deeper tonight / do some experimentation and post back here when I have some good info.

best regards,
- dink

dink:
DoDonpachi:

After a bit of tweaking and without doing anything too hacky, I got the inputlag down to 2 frames in FBA(!). 

I will have to do some playtesting tomorow to make sure nothing had been adversely affected.

best regards,
- dink

furiadeoso:
Could it also be happening in some neo-geo and cps1 games like metal slug or kod? I have always had the feeling of having a little more input lag than in MAME++ 0.119. But I've never stopped to test it.

Fulg0re:
HI

worst Laag on Neo Geo Games is without a doubt on Art of Fightin 2.
I got this on AES and on FBA or Mame ... very ugly to me....

Tatsuya79:

--- Quote from: dink on March 31, 2018, 07:13:14 PM ---technique:
fba: pause + right key + F1 to frame advance

--- End quote ---

Oh cool! I did not find that!

Glad you found what was the problem in Dodonpachi.
Is it something that can also happen in other game/driver or specific to this one only?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version