General Emulation > General Emulation

supporting fully_decrypted romsets by NeoGeo emuls

<< < (2/2)

mai:
BTW 'cos english isn't my native language I don't understand clearly what's bootleg... I thought bootleg means a kind of piracy...

Badablek:
A bootled is an illegal copy of a game, sold on board with EEprom.

And as it really exists as a physical board (even if it's an illegal copy), then it's included......strange, isn't it ? :biggrin:

Hacks like KOF2004, KOF10th, the King of Gladiator, etc.....do really exist, you can find some of them on Ebay.

FerchogtX:
Old theread... but anyway...
Well, if you ask about sets that NeoRAGEx can run (because it doesn't emulate any game, except 1 or 2) I'm sorry, FB Alpha Plus will NEVER suport NeoRAGEx romsets, there are several points, but i'm talking about:

1.- Emulation is to study and keep as archive stuff all arcade games (with their protections) that were popular in their time, also is used as backup purposes. Imagine that you f*** off your kof2000 MVS cart, but if you have the original encrypted ROM and then (if you know how) burn that in a new cart you recover your game... just a stupid example XD.

2.- Some emulators (like FB Alpha Plus!) are trying to match MAME in emulation scene, because is the largest and best accurate database of arcade games, in some cases NRX use very ooooold sets in it's database, so it cannot emulate games like garou or kof99 (say anything it CAN'T XD).

But don't worry at all, at least FB Alpha Plus supports decrypted C set's... you know for loading time issues with encrypted ROMs.

That's my point of view, anyway all emulators for neogeo (except kawaks and nebula) have open source, so add what you need by yourself, is not so complicated ;)

See ya!!! :biggrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version