Author Topic: Genesis Driver port from PicoDrive WIP  (Read 10788 times)

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
Genesis Driver port from PicoDrive WIP
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »
just begin , sound bad . maybe it can't use FBA's YM2612 Driver  :idiot:
but i add a interface let FBA support Cartridge games (without const game table).
 ;p

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: Genesis Driver port from PicoDrive WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »
just begin , sound bad . maybe it can't use FBA's YM2612 Driver  :idiot:
but i add a interface let FBA support Cartridge games (without const game table).
 ;p

Well seems that I am the first one to get this xD, ThanX OopsWare!! btw, I want to send you my current progress with NeoGeo CD via MSN later  :wink:, so if you want to work on it later ^^

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
Wow! Nice. :) Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

kev

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »
Cool. I have not tried your driver yet but I have attached the version I ported over months ago. I suspect that my port has at least the same sound problems that yours had, and mine is probably worse.

Good work tho. :)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »
Woohooo!!  :biggrin:.. some pics hehe...

btw, I was doing some tests and it seems that it have some type of problem with the UI, it says it cant draw the main window if i try to change the window size / blitters while playing a Sega Genesis game ...

anyway, it's great to have this on FBA ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
to KEV
  already download your gens+ port from CPS-X forum , and check the differ .
also the HazeMD .

to CaptainCPS-X
  not only the UI for Screen Size Change, but also the FrameRate ....
  waiting your NeoCD source , seems 12Hours time difference between us

go on  ...

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
to KEV
also the HazeMD .

to CaptainCPS-X
  not only the UI for Screen Size Change, but also the FrameRate ....
  waiting your NeoCD source , seems 12Hours time difference between us

go on  ...

I'm doing my actual development package of the upcoming R16 build of FBA Enhanced with the preliminary support of NeoGeo CD to send it to you asap =), when you receive it you can modify all you want  :wink:, I'm doing the best I can but I know you have more knowledge about emulation =). I cleaned the most I could too, so I temporally removed some things to be able to detect better the bugs.

btw, about Sega MD / Genesis, probably this page have something useful for your development of the driver:

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=GenesisDevelopment

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:19:26 PM »
@OopsWare: Tomorrow I will send the package with the NeoGeo CD stuff to you via email =)

I finished doing some cleaning but I still have to verify some small things. That's why I will send it tomorrow.

Take Care! ^^

SeeYaa!

kev

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
to KEV
also the HazeMD .

Yeah, the one I uploaded here is a port of PicoDrive and not gens. I found it to be more compatible but I never finished it, Just thought the source might be useful just in case I did anything differently than you.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »
@OopsWare:

I sent you a email & a PM with the NeoGeo CD source files, its a package of my current WIP source of FBA Enhanced R16 so the Genesis driver you made it's included, the CPS3 improvements & the NeoGeo CD WIP I've been working all these days =).

Remember to read the text file I included  :wink:, if you have any issues compiling or something just tell me man =)

SeeYaa!

Offline MasterPhW

• Newbies
    • Emulation Flame
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
Mmh... I always like to see new drivers and games - don't get me wrong, I really like all your work you did for FBA and it's done great and very well tested - but I don't see the point in porting Genesis drivers/support to FBA, because it's a Arcade emu and I always prefer to play Arcade games on a Arcade emu.
But keep it coming, enhancing FBA is always great, even when I won't use it. *thumbsup*
And Cap I'm really looking forward to the NeoGeoCD support, will it be possible to start it in the game menu, or do I need to load the games through an image drive? I would prefer the Game Menu option.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:01:56 AM by MasterPhW »
My Portable Rig: Intel C2D T7250 (2x2.0Ghz, 800Mhz) | 2048 MB DDR2 PC800 | Geforce Go 7950 GTX PCI-E | Realtek HD Audio |
180Gbyte Internal SATA2 + 6x500GB external | Windows Vista Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:58 AM »
Mmh... I always like to see new drivers and games - don't get me wrong, I really like all your work you did for FBA and it's done great and very well tested - but I don't see the point in porting Genesis drivers/support to FBA, because it's a Arcade emu and I always prefer to play Arcade games on a Arcade emu.
But keep it coming, enhancing FBA is always great, even when I won't use it. *thumbsup*
And Cap I'm really looking forward to the NeoGeoCD support, will it be possible to start it in the game menu, or do I need to load the games through an image drive? I would prefer the Game Menu option.

Check the Attachment  :wink:

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 02:38:56 AM »
Hey OopsWare I did a heavy update to the Genesis driver, now it has everything separated into:

src/burn/sega/genesis/...

- genesis.h (main header with prototypes, definitions, externs, etc)
- genesis_run.cpp  (main init, reset, frame, exit, handlers, mapping, etc)
- genesis_drw.cpp (drawing stuff)
- genesis_snd.cpp (sound stuff)
- genesis_cart.cpp (the cartridge stuff, can be removed in the future since the mount / unmount is not needed anymore (cartridge.h has been removed too) )
- d_genesis.cpp (driver structure, input structure, etc)

I updated my scrn.cpp with a new way of loading recent games, the old code was making FBA crash with the Genesis driver when changing blitters or some other options. Now there is no crash with genesis and we can change blitters any time or look at the FPS, etc.

Other new thing is, that the Mounting / Un-Mounting is not needed since when you load the SEGA genesis driver it will pop up a dialog asking for the cartridge  then it will proceed to load the BIOS and then the Cartridge you selected ^^, then if you want to unmount the game, well just Exit the game in the menu ^^.

however, I noticed a problem in a clean implementation of the genesis driver into a clean source of FBA (not enhanced) and it is having problems when the driver Exits, I have searched but didn't found what's wrong at all, maybe you found it already, but the thing is, that if you load Genesis driver then load it again or another game the Inputs will not work anymore, you can try loading all the games you want after loading Genesis driver at least once and the inputs will not work after that, It will not even be able to Write / Read the game configuration .Ini file from disk, I really don't know if when Genesis driver exit and start writing to the configuration it stays in some kind of writing loop or something...maybe you can verify this better, because i don't know what more to do lol xD

I will send you my files asap, probably tomorrow when I finish doing some things in real life

SeeYaa!