Author Topic: FB Alpha for PSP WIP  (Read 32062 times)

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
FB Alpha for PSP WIP
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:41:54 AM »
a port of FB Alpha now work on PSP in full speed. for the M68K some slow, i replaced it with NJEmu's C68K, and fix zet.cpp let it use MAME Z80 . the sourcecode and EBOOT.PBP can be download from oopsware.ys168.com

PSP1000 has 20MB memory (PSP2000 has 50MB) and haven't mmap to cache swap file , so it can't play large ROM currently
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:35:06 AM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Re: FB Alpha for PSP WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:39:39 AM »
Cool. Nice work with ZET. It still has some problems though - a lot of Sega and Cave games that use the Z80 don't work. Also, games which use multiple Z80s don't work - I might get around to looking at it again at some point - nice stuff though.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 05:05:06 AM »
most game already working with the new zet and MAME z80, but still a bit problem with the sound, maybe the Z80 IRQ need more fix ...
i also want take a look at CZ80, it will be some fast too .

without doze , fb alpha will be more portable , it'll working on more devices, not only x86 ...

kev

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »

Nice work Oopsware. :)

Here is a link to source of the port of FBA to PSP that BDiamond and myself started in 2006 but never finished.
http://www.kja.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fbapsp.rar

It has some things that you might find interesting or useful:

* cZ80 : works but might need updating to support the things that have been added to Zet in the last 2 years
* BDiamonds port of a68k : port of a68k to PSP assembly. Never released publicly but might be quicker than m68k
* burn_sound_a.s: ported to PSP but will need updating to support the added function I suspect

The code builds with the latest pspsdk. It is hard coded to look in the root directory of the memory stick for ffight.zip if you want to run it. There is a bug in the frameskip timing code which means it will always run at 30fps when playing sound, which is also broken so turn down your volume if you run it. :)

I will take a look at updating these to work with your source code if you do not do it before me, but I am unable to download the source from your website (it's been downloading for 5 hours and has only got 25% of the file)

Offline KOF2112

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:05:58 AM »
download the source from your website (it's been downloading for 5 hours and has only got 25% of the file)

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/128136521/FBA4PSP-WIP-src.rar.html

kev

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
thank you :)

Offline Badablek

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »
Thanks for this great PSP port of the best arcade emulator ever made...works flawlessly

with sound, it gonna be amazing.

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »

It has some things that you might find interesting or useful:

* cZ80 : works but might need updating to support the things that have been added to Zet in the last 2 years
* BDiamonds port of a68k : port of a68k to PSP assembly. Never released publicly but might be quicker than m68k
* burn_sound_a.s: ported to PSP but will need updating to support the added function I suspect

wow .... thank you kev

kev

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »
First pass at merging the sources. Added in cz80 and disabled Mame z80. Things seems a bit quicker with cz80 but I have not tested in detail yet.

http://www.kja.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1.rar

Offline OOKAMI

• Newbies
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
Hi everybody :wink:

I have begin to test some roms

I have created directory to have proper roms section and I have make a test with

samurai showdown 5 special
metal slug

when the rom is loading, after a moment, the psp shut down himself
the neogeo bios is in the neogeo roms directory

someone have the same result ?

EDIT

ok, all roms must be in root of the EBOOT

metal slug ok

i will test others roms later

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:57:00 PM by OOKAMI »

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
quite perfect, thanks again , kev .
i'v test you cz80 and zet on PC , most games working with sound perfect .
only a small issue with CPS1 QSound

kev

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 06:32:15 AM »
interesting, I wonder if its to do with the encryption? I will investigate. Also, I want to see if the version of cz80 used in picodrive is any quicker. I have run into a few strange linking problems with a68k. Seems to be a makefile problem and I have no makefile skills what so ever. :)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »
The kabuki stuff is pretty nasty and a lot of Z80 emulators require some changes to support it. From the Kawaks whatsnew.txt the core used was amended to support it, and From memory Ayeye amended Doze.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

kev

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 08:57:18 AM »
Are there other non-kabuki games in FBA that have encrypted cpus that are handled the same way? Or are they all decrypted when loading?

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »
Only ones I can think of are the encrypted Sega System 1 and the MC-8123 System 16 games. They don't use ZET and are the main reason I ported the MAME Z80 core to FBA. I wanted them to use ZET but the interface to the MAME Z80 core is far from perfect.