Author Topic: Neo Geo CD Unibios 3.3  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Goldanas

Neo Geo CD Unibios 3.3
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »
I've been enjoying the Neo Geo CD support in FBNeo. Absolutely stellar. Raster support is really excellent.

I was curious if you were going to support the Unibios 3.3? I know it's been made free by Razoola, but I also understand that there's a good amount of respect for him and his contributions, and there's a desire not to abuse his good faith. I'm not certain if it applies in this situation, as I just haven't been around the scene long enough to understand.

In either case, it would be cool if it could be supported some day. Thanks again for the excellent work in arcade preservation and emulation in general, and congrats on 1.0!

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Neo Geo CD Unibios 3.3
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:46:54 AM »
Unfortunately Unibios for Neo Geo CD uses a different method / possibly lower level of accessing the cd hardware than the normal cdz bios, and I just can't get it to work. (many, many, too many hours went into trying)
I might give it another try some day - or, perhaps if someone else wants to give it a try, the project code is available @ github.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Goldanas

Re: Neo Geo CD Unibios 3.3
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 01:21:06 AM »
Thanks for the details. Totally understandable, maybe someday, and maybe even Razoola may shed some light on this, but Final Burn Neo is still pretty awesome regardless.