Author Topic: Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.23  (Read 7388 times)

Offline zero800

• Newbies
Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.23
« on: August 31, 2023, 06:48:51 AM »
SFZ3Mix It's a variant of SFA3 with several new features like new resolution, optional custom samples, rom expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlAdKKRUNs

All the information about the rom and the custom driver used can be found on the game's website

https://sfz3mix.github.io/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 12:44:46 PM by zero800 »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix (CPS2Turbo)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »
To be honest, this one might require too many changes to our cps2 driver, it is basically running on fantasy hardware.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 05:55:55 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to add it though.

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 07:27:09 AM »
Hello barbudreadmon,

In Mame I created it as a new driver to bring the least possible impact on the original cps2 driver.
Unfortunately I have already tried and I don't have enough knowledge to rewrite it for FBNeo.

I stopped updating sf2mix because there was no place left to design and create new things, with SFZ3Mix I didn't want to fall into the same problem so I expanded the rom to create a really fanciful and unrealistic piece of hardware.

Unlike older consoles, having real cps2 hardware is not very common and most people use it in emulators.
Whenever possible I leave some changes optional for the player... team or single mode, optional custom music, 16x9 or 4x3 screen...

I don't expect any urgency, just the possibility that one day it might be recognized on FBNeo is enough for me.

I know what it's like to be from your point of view when people ask me for countless new features in the rom and don't even think about the complexity and the effort required to do it.

To be honest, this one might require too many changes to our cps2 driver, it is basically running on fantasy hardware.

Offline Sexy!mame

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 08:04:02 AM »
Hello barbudreadmon,

In Mame I created it as a new driver to bring the least possible impact on the original cps2 driver.
Unfortunately I have already tried and I don't have enough knowledge to rewrite it for FBNeo.

I stopped updating sf2mix because there was no place left to design and create new things, with SFZ3Mix I didn't want to fall into the same problem so I expanded the rom to create a really fanciful and unrealistic piece of hardware.

Unlike older consoles, having real cps2 hardware is not very common and most people use it in emulators.
Whenever possible I leave some changes optional for the player... team or single mode, optional custom music, 16x9 or 4x3 screen...

I don't expect any urgency, just the possibility that one day it might be recognized on FBNeo is enough for me.

I know what it's like to be from your point of view when people ask me for countless new features in the rom and don't even think about the complexity and the effort required to do it.

I would love to see this new CPS2turbo driver added to FBA, from what I'm seeing, this new driver can also be used for other CPS2 titles such as Alien vs Predator and other titles that want to expand the rom. This hack, in my opinion, is not just a modification, it is a great addition of new, never-before-seen features bringing together several cool mechanics from street fighter zero 2 in a single game!!! I've been playing this version and it's really fun!!!

Offline sotts

Re: Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.22
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 01:04:28 PM »
Yes, sfzero3mix is a awesome game that many people should have the opportunity to play. The new mechanics are sensational, such as Daigo mode, life recovery, new custom combos, parry system, chain combos, etc. I'm looking forward to it being able to be played online one day, like on fightcade or another

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 02:15:40 PM »
Hi guys,
I will definitely try to get this in sometime!
though, I can't guarantee!

best regards,
- dink

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 03:17:17 PM »
Thanks!
You can ask any questions on Discord @Zero800.
I made the Mame driver myself by trial and error.  :wink:

I've got some tips from bankbank on where you could possibly increase the resolution on fbneo.

Problems to be solved.

1. Increasing the resolution to 416x234
2. Make the emulator use the extra graphics (gfx2.bin) when an unused bit is set.
3. Manage the .wav samples by making them play if there is one with the same ID as the song and mute the original cps2 audio when this happens.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 03:29:06 PM by zero800 »

Offline Stifu

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 03:54:02 PM »
I'd be cool if the author could make it so the new versions also work on actual CPS2 hardware.

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 03:37:48 AM »
It wouldn't work because I've inserted a lot of extra graphics that no longer fit in a standard cps2 rom.

That's the main reason I created a new driver that doubles the amount of graphics on the card.

Offline Stifu

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 05:57:46 PM »
Oooh, I only skimmed through this thread and didn't realize it was you. Great work, by the way. That updated Sagat looks slick, too.
Like many people, I wish there was an arcade version with all of the console-exclusive characters. Until then, that's the next best thing. Would be cool to have it in FBNeo.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:01:46 PM by Stifu »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 08:36:09 PM »
I'm willing to add support for it, -but-, I hate adding rom defs.  I put this request on the dev forum, but nobody cares, so, maybe one of you guys will help me:
*c&p from dev board*

If you (or someone) wants to update the driver struct. and also add the samples to a sample struct. (see how its done in another game that uses samples, like cave/d_donpachi.cpp), I'll do the technical stuff :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 03:00:23 AM »
I put this request on the dev forum, but nobody cares

Some time ago i mentioned to zero800 in another forum that i'll probably try adding this but it won't be soon. I actually planned to work on it during my next paid leave.

Well, it's good if you are motivated about this, because tbh my enthusiasm has dampened, but i'll write those rom defs for you.

Offline Stifu

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2023, 04:28:12 AM »
You guys know best what's good for FBNeo or not, so I'd say follow your guts. Thousands of games are already supported, there is no need to support everything under the sun, and there is no need to do anything quickly either. Just do whatever makes you happy. Thanks for your work.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2023, 09:03:56 AM »
I just don't want to do the rom defs, everything else is cake

best regards,
- dink