Author Topic: No hardware acceleration with fba under windows 10 64bit  (Read 4938 times)

Offline beccio

No hardware acceleration with fba under windows 10 64bit
« on: February 22, 2016, 03:50:17 PM »
Hi to all, i cant use video hardware option with my configuration: compaq presario c700: core 2 duo t7300 @ 2 ghz, 3 gb ddr2 667 ram, graphic intel 965, windows 10 64bit updated. Anyone can help me?
I've tried to update microsoft directx and chipset driver. But i'cant select options about 3d accelerated graphic.

Sorry for my english and tnks in advance for the help!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:53:56 PM by beccio »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: No hardware acceleration with fba under windows 10 64bit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »
Try the 32bit version of FBAlpha, it has more blitter options (for reasons unknown to me).

best regards,
- dink

Offline beccio

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:25:16 PM »
Try the 32bit version of FBAlpha, it has more blitter options (for reasons unknown to me).

best regards,
- dink

Thankyou very much for the reply, with 32 bit version  and a directx9-fix found in the web, now i can use the hardware options. what options are better for a good game experience?

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 06:09:29 PM »
Hi,
I just want to point out that these emulated games aren't very video-resource demanding, so unless you have an old Pentium 3, then usually you won't have to worry about settings.  The best advice: try each blitter and use the one that seems to work the best with your system.  I have an old WinXP machine, so I use the "Enhanced" Direct3D 7 blitter.
Some things that are handy to have enabled, under the Video tab: Triple buffering for fullscreen, Win7 DWM Fix, & Rotate vertically Aligned games.  As for effects, I just use Scanlines to give a pseudo-crt effect. but this is optional and a personal preference.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:50:38 AM »
Another interesting effect to try is the "3D projection" (enable only with Direct3D 7 blitter) , with the right setting it's possible to simulate the peculiar geometric distortion of old CRTs... personally I recommend to set "Angle 0.00" and "Fishbowl Factor 25.00" ! ;)

Offline beccio

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 08:21:51 AM »
Thank you so much! fba is really powerful!

I have two more questions:

1) what are blend and samples?
2) in rom list i cant see neogeo roms. I need the bios in the rom directory? 

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 09:36:40 AM »
1) Some games use the PCM samples to playback the audio... the zip file with the correct waves must be put in the related folder (the default is */support/samples/)... examples of games that use samples are Toaplan Fire shark, Toaplan Ghox, Gottlieb Q*bert and SEGA Zaxxon.
I'm sorry, but I don't know what is the specific purpose of "blend" folder...

2) Yes, you need to put the "neogeo.zip" bios file in the "roms" directory!  :wink:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

best regards,
- dink

The reason some are unavailable under 64-bit is due to the lack of any 64-bit support for the ancient technologies used. We really do need to write a modern blitter as everything we have is designed for the XP era (and that ain't pretty! :))
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.