Author Topic: Spectrum .ipf Roms  (Read 5811 times)

Offline mspyo

Spectrum .ipf Roms
« on: April 17, 2020, 11:52:11 PM »
Hey fellas!
I've been trying to run a "Sinclair - ZX Spectrum +3" "No-Intro" Rom set with FBN on RetroArch with no success.
I believe the problem is the file type inside the ZIP which is .ipf
Can anyone confirm if this file type is supported by FBN ?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Spectrum .ipf Roms
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:08:15 AM »

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 12:14:28 AM »
As far As I know, the ZX Spectrum emulation is in a preliminary stage and for now the development is stopped...

Offline mspyo

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 12:21:36 AM »
There is a readme at https://github.com/libretro/FBNeo/tree/master/src/burner/libretro#fbneo-libretro

I don't see anything regarding supported file types.

As far As I know, the ZX Spectrum emulation is in a preliminary stage and for now the development is stopped...

I just tried with a non-merged Rom from another set and it worked, I was just hoping that it would work with my favorite No-Intro set.
I dunno maybe .ipf it's not supported at all.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 12:49:59 AM »
I don't see anything regarding supported file types.

It's not about supported file types, it's about having valid romsets, and the instructions on building valid romsets are there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:54:25 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline KaaMoS

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
There is a readme at https://github.com/libretro/FBNeo/tree/master/src/burner/libretro#fbneo-libretro
Sorry if this could be quite off topic, but once I read that link you put there, I reminded me that I liked to know how could I use a per-system control mapping, keeping in mind I want to use FBN as a default core for RetroArch, which I'll put as default emulator inside RocketLaunchet to play with HyperSpin.

For Example, a map for ZX Spectrum, other for CPS3, and a completely different one for Neo-Geo.

Should I include a command in RocketLaunchet, once RetroArch as system emulator runs, calling core, or I have to put a mapping file inside a specific RetroArch's folder in order to force system to use it when FBN core is called from a game?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:21:58 AM by KaaMoS »

Offline mspyo

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 11:29:05 AM »
It's not about supported file types, it's about having valid romsets, and the instructions on building valid romsets are there.

I don't believe my romset is supported, I followed the guide and clrmamepro doesn't seem to detect any of the games on my romset with "FinalBurn Neo (ClrMame Pro XML, ZX Spectrum Games only).dat"
The only difference that I can see is that the games listed on the DAT are .z80 while my romset is .ifp
It's either that or FBN only support a specific type of the ZX Spectrum Line, mine is ZX Spectrum+3

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
Sorry if this could be quite off topic, but once I read that link you put there, I reminded me that I liked to know how could I use a per-system control mapping, keeping in mind I want to use FBN as a default core for RetroArch, which I'll put as default emulator inside RocketLaunchet to play with HyperSpin.

For Example, a map for ZX Spectrum, other for CPS3, and a completely different one for Neo-Geo.

Should I include a command in RocketLaunchet, once RetroArch as system emulator runs, calling core, or I have to put a mapping file inside a specific RetroArch's folder in order to force system to use it when FBN core is called from a game?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, i'm not gonna be much help with this since i basically never use remapping. I think i heard there are ways to define remapping per folder for RA but i don't know the details, you should try asking on the libretro forums.

Offline mspyo

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
Just want to point out that I manage to get a different Roms Set, this time with files in .z80 format and it was able to work with FBN!
Other Sets seem not to work even if you 'fix' them with Clrmamepro, FBN only accepts a very specific set that even different Roms with the same file format (.z80) do not work.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 05:27:22 AM »
Other Sets seem not to work even if you 'fix' them with Clrmamepro

That's a misunderstanding : clrmamepro doesn't fix roms, it just helps managing them by checking if they are valid or not, but it can't create valid romsets from nothing.

Offline Robert

• MAME Devs
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 07:04:55 AM »
Yeah, the most 'fixing' that clrmamepro could do is renaming the file; it can't modify anything, nor can it grab things from thin air.