Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 759826 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Did a little fix for the map at the beginning of each level in Ninja Baseball Batman, the raster effect is askew by 24 pixels and just didn't look right.  Now its perfect.  :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
Remember when Ninja Baseball Bat Man's soundcpu wasn't being decrypted properly, and the music was all full of glitchy weirdness?  It turns out theres a few people that actually prefer the game to sound that way - so, to make everyone happy - I thought about adding a dipswitch/setting to switch between the proper and glitched music modes.  :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline jsjyqz

well,if the raster effect  fix in Ninja Baseball Batman will be help the Mame driver?

Offline dink

• Administrator
well,if the raster effect  fix in Ninja Baseball Batman will be help the Mame driver?

The part where it flips the map around already was fine in MAME.

Offline dink

• Administrator
SMS Homebrew authors have released 2 epic games this year: DARC and Bruce Lee.
Typically, homebrew games are nothing to write about - but these two are friggin' awesome! :)
Also, earlier today a rare/undumped SMS game was found and dumped!  Its a side-scrolling shooter called Hong kil Dong.  Here's some piccys of them running in your favorite emulator:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:07:10 PM by dink »

Offline dink

• Administrator
Here's something special - Lambo by Genesis Project (from Revision 2015) in FBA:

Offline dink

• Administrator
Hello friends & fans of FBAlpha!
I came across a nice re-work of Alex Kidd in Miracle World (SMS platformer) called Alex Kidd in Radaxian Rumble.  A lot of recoding/new graphics/music etc. has been done to make almost a totally different game, and it plays quite nicely too.

http://626535750121256080.weebly.com/alex-kidd-in-radaxian-rumble.html
This site contains a .ips patch that can be applied to your Alex Kid in Miracle World 1.1 rom, which creates a new rom of Alex Kidd in Radaxian Rumble!

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:02:43 PM by iq_132 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
Hi guys,
Earlier today Trap15 came up with a mod for the excellent shooter GunNail that quiets that loud/irritating "sheild low" warning beep, so its only right that we now have a dip switch setting to enable/disable this excellent mod :D

For those interested, here's the discussion @ the shmups forum regarding the issue and mod:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53276

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
Fixed the background noise in Galaxian and King & Balloon - been meaning to do this for ages, but couldn't figure it out!  Happy day :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
Hello friends and fans of FBAlpha,
Theres a problem with the excellent Capcom CPS2 shooter game Mars Matrix where all the sfx only come through the right speaker - this is especially annoying if playing with earbuds/headphones.  Been meaning to fix this one for ages, but couldn't come up with a good solution until now - so - happy day! :)

Here's 2 mp3 samples, Mars Matrix before and after the fix: http://sharesend.com/2hpjrw2p

That's it for now...
best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
*mr. d. clears tumbleweeds and dust off this thread*

big thanks to iq_132 for ninjakun!!
big thanks to vbt for nova 2001!!
*and a few tiny bugfixes by me*

Offline vbt

• FBNeo Contributor
great job !! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Nice Work Fellas!!!

Offline csmart

Awesome

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Getting a small issue with the Japan version of Nova2001 when i try to coin it up the game just resets and does it's Arcade
bootup sequence again also player 2 coin isn't working  either if i set it to Free Play the game starts and plays fine

Not sure if it does this in FBA or it's a problem my end in FBL BTW the Nova 2001 USA version coins up and plays ok