Author Topic: Two suggestions for Final Burn.  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Paratech

Two suggestions for Final Burn.
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:57:14 PM »
I hope you don't mind suggestions, feel free to blow them off, but I really like Final Burn but think these might help improve the emulator.

1) Poll for up to 16 controllers, I have 6 controllers hooked up to my PC, and Final Burn only sees up to 3 of them. In Windows XP, it seems impossible to remap controllers from their assigned number, particularly when they are read via Direct X. I'd like to be able to choose from all of my controllers, not just the first 3 Windows finds.

2) Be able to either set up a number of config files that can be picked from games, or allow a config for a particular driver. It's ridiculous to have to remap the same setup for every CPS2 or NeoGeo fighting game, if you had an export option for config files, it would reduce the need to make redundant config files.

Remember, they're just requests/suggestions and I do like the program, I hope noone minds me requesting these two items.

Thank you.

-Chris "Paratech" Cummins

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Re: Two suggestions for Final Burn.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 04:32:00 AM »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 07:14:55 AM »
Wrong forum. Go here. http://www.ojko.com/phpbb/index.php?c=3
He's more than welcome to ask here.  The FBA authors visit here frequently. 
Though, I'm sure he's more likely to get a response there.

Offline Paratech

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »
Ok, I posted it over there along with the fact KingHanco suggested I copy it over there...

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know there was another forum.

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »
This is Mitchell from vpforum. :biggrin:

No problem Paratech and iq_132.

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:55:01 PM »
2) Be able to either set up a number of config files that can be picked from games, or allow a config for a particular driver. It's ridiculous to have to remap the same setup for every CPS2 or NeoGeo fighting game, if you had an export option for config files, it would reduce the need to make redundant config files.
Hmm, it is already possible to set default controls for your games, and it's very simple to do so. In order to have default controls for all games for a determined system, just normally set the controls for, say, Street Fighter II and copy the contents of its config file (located in \config\games) to \config\presets\default.ini. Choosing Street Fighter II as the token configuration will allow you to set buttons for every other CPS1 and almost even all CPS2 games as well. Do the same with Neo-Geo and other systems -- just go on adding more content to default.ini. Simple.