Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 761040 times)

Offline Pelucon8

Re: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1755 on: December 27, 2019, 06:17:55 PM »
I want this sauce so badly...
And... check Final Burn Shuffle too, you can play pgm1 games are not working in mame, you need to try it out.
It's a old source but at least all of them is playable.
It seems no one knows this yet, maybe me.
Get them on emufrance.
Enjoy!  :cool:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

In FBA, pgm is also playable and they load their games. Although I have to be honest, I haven't played all of them from start to finish, except the "Demon Front". But I guess the others could be completed as well.

As for pgm2, this thread talks about it:

https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2979.0

Greetings and Merry Christmas to you and all the friends on this forum.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #1756 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »
You're welcome guys, thanks or all the support :)

dink, congratulations... from contributor to administrator and lead programmer of FBNeo, really congrats...

PGM2 is any chance of being ported to FBNeo?

Thanks in adv

I just need to point this out: there's no lead programmers of fbn - the current active members are doing so much great stuff for fbn, and a lot of it is behind-the-scenes stuff, all of us are doing an equally awesome job with this project: dink, iq_132, JacKc, kev, barbudreadmon.

Lately we have a new member: 0xe1f - he's writing a MacOS fbn-ui from the ground-up!  This is great because now we can reach a wider audience! :)

barbudreadmon and I had been working hours-ontop-of-hours trying to fix a silly little bug in the SSV game Eagle Shot Golf which causes the game to bug out on ARM systems.  Every time we got an idea as to what the possible cause would be, it turned out to be wrong.  ..so many hours into this between the both of us, over several months..  And just when we we're almost ready to give up - barbudreadmon came up with the winning and proper solution to the problem just the other day :)

Kev is working on a crossplatform SDL ui, helping with tons of things on git and helping me test a super-top-secret driverproject (which he started!). 

That's just a little bit of the things that have been going on lately :)

I'm afraid PGM2 isn't really my cup of tea, sorry about that!  It might happen in the future, though.
as for PGM1 games that work in FB Shuffle and not FBNeo, please tell us which games and we'll attempt to get them working.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:41:54 PM by dink »

Offline SeiferAlmasy

• MAME's FAN (Since 1997)
    • vgBR - Videogames Brasil
« Reply #1757 on: December 27, 2019, 10:01:20 PM »
I use a port of Finalburn Neo in Playstation Classic (Retroarch), works a charm, but i dont play Neogeo CD games in FBNeo, the emulator works, load bios etc, but game not work properly... in retroarch neocd core, works properly.

Thanks dink, and forgive me a mistake about "lead prog" in FBN... :)

Perhaps one day, FBN emulates PGM2... i waiting for this day

PS: the FBN Team, maintain FBN Retroarch core or its a port of third person?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1758 on: December 27, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »
I use a port of Finalburn Neo in Playstation Classic (Retroarch), works a charm, but i dont play Neogeo CD games in FBNeo, the emulator works, load bios etc, but game not work properly... in retroarch neocd core, works properly.

First make sure neocd games work fine in windows standalone fbn to see if the problem is in the core or not.  Also make sure your neocd games are in the right format (.bin/.cue, or .ccd truerip) only are supported.
Barbudreadmon can help with some core-specific stuff, this forum is mostly for the windows fbn exe, but we can try to help with common problems in libretro cores as well.

best regards,
- dink

Offline SeiferAlmasy

• MAME's FAN (Since 1997)
    • vgBR - Videogames Brasil
« Reply #1759 on: December 27, 2019, 10:30:12 PM »
First make sure neocd games work fine in windows standalone fbn to see if the problem is in the core or not.  Also make sure your neocd games are in the right format (.bin/.cue, or .ccd truerip) only are supported.
Barbudreadmon can help with some core-specific stuff, this forum is mostly for the windows fbn exe, but we can try to help with common problems in libretro cores as well.

best regards,
- dink

runs fine in Neocd core on PSC Retroarch... but in FBN only load the bios, and CD Player... FBN on Retroarch has support a CHD format too (if i am not wrong), but my ISOs is BIN+CUE...

But i try to load neocd games again and look a log of PSC Retroarch to solve my problem

thanks

Edit: FBNeo only accept BIN+CUE if have one BIN file, multiples bin files not work with FBNeo... problem solved, i think, just test it now :)

Edit 2: Just converted my BIN+CUE image in CDMAGE, and the game loads properly :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:01:31 AM by SeiferAlmasy »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1760 on: December 28, 2019, 01:23:48 AM »
SeiferAlmasy, enjoy :)

Offline Joaquim2020

« Reply #1761 on: December 28, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »
As for PGM1 games that work in FB Shuffle and not FBNeo, please tell us which games and we'll attempt to get them working.

I already try to ask mamesick to do it on arcadeui but it seems is not possible, the source i send him is very old, but... if you insist to see witch games are working here it is...
It's a dream come true if mame accept your fixes.

Here's the old source from the website: https://www.ppxclub.com/684707-1-1?fbclid=IwAR0w2uNP7s3LBIIZBubZ2eFzYr67o2FuKtJWfTmwMMNlTW3viWfhUplKx0s

Here's the download from mega i upload from the old source:  https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR08xEgI_VAEq7ldgZRbF6BoTLCvagnAaDHQQ7nkSNJCoi6FB0VII060-g8#F!YHhFyAjL!QhnRt7eBQDhBqEQ_Q6ZKnA

List of games are... checked on mame as not working.

Demon Front 4th game Works if we play coin up - It seems works good on FB Neo, but appears a error in the screen of FB Shuffle before i coin up. "Versions are not Matched".
Dragon World 3 and EX works ok on FB Shuffle (As been fixed the crashed chinese version on Expert Mode) but in your FB Alpha are all not working.
KOV Super Heroes Plus - 7 Clone games doesn't work on FB Neo but on FB Shuffle have 5. (Ao Shi San Guo - Luan Shi Jie Ba - Luan Shi Quan Huang I and II.) Maybe you can make it working good.  :wink: Crossing Fingers.
One Martial Masters Doesn't work in both emulators.
Photo Y2K 2 (3-in-1) works on FB Shuffle and not in FB Neo.
Photo Y2K 2 Both 2 games works on FB Shuffle and not in FB Neo.
One S.V.G. Spectral vs Generation Doesn't work on FB Neo, but it works on FB Shuffle.

The small issues i was talking about you will find it if you test the emulator.

A few of them are clones you need to investigate more FB Shuffle.

I checked all roms, i didn't see any changes on the crc or size, it seems is a code inside to make it working?  :eek:

Gameplay of one game - Photo Y2K 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFJVVgg4D4

I don?t know if i miss something.

Cheers. 😉
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:44:37 AM by Joaquim2020 »

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #1762 on: December 28, 2019, 08:17:36 PM »
Photo Y2K 2 (3-in-1) works on FB Shuffle and not in FB Neo.
Photo Y2K 2 Both 2 games works on FB Shuffle and not in FB Neo.

That FB Shuffle source you sent does not support either of the Photo Y2K 2 games in the PGM driver from what i can tell.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:19:18 PM by Arcadez »

Offline Joaquim2020

« Reply #1763 on: December 29, 2019, 11:41:01 AM »
That FB Shuffle source you sent does not support either of the Photo Y2K 2 games in the PGM driver from what i can tell.

Yeah, that's why i was concern about that. Sorry.  :redface:
Let's see if dink do some magic.  :smilie:

Hey Arcadez, do you try it to export the compiled version of Final Burn Shuffle? The emulator is avaliable on emu-france but i can?t see no tools how to unpack the .exe and find the code to make it working. I'm not expert on this, but maybe a tool to uncompiled the version this works if exists.  ;p
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 04:20:35 PM by Joaquim2020 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1764 on: December 31, 2019, 10:25:31 AM »
Ashura-X changed his compiler to fix problem with WinXP build, please try this link for today's build:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTi7kUsGwU11DPN8AcaQQRiRwzz0Djt_/view?usp=sharing

And let us know if its OK on WXP :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Joaquim2020

« Reply #1765 on: December 31, 2019, 12:01:42 PM »
Ashura-X is the best friend we have to release builds.  :wink: Thanks for the update announcement dink.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1766 on: January 08, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
So, back in September '19 Kev showed me a driver that played Super Mario Bros.
"Fantastic!", I thought!
Now, to add more games I cooked up a mapper system.  Coded in the popular mappers (mmc1,3,etc) - "we'll be done with this driver in a few days.  Yepper!", I thought. 

Nearly 4 1/2 months later @ ~6h/day, several re-writes, re-rewrites and re-re-rewrites, adding every mapper under the sun, getting tons of help/testing/code/imagery from Kev, iq_132 and Gab75. :)

Presenting...
NES/Famicom/Famicom FDS driver for FBN

FDS disk saves are even saved in a format that is compatible with other emulators :)

It will probably be on git in a few days...

Offline Kev

• FBNeo Dev
  • Definitely the best Kev
« Reply #1767 on: January 08, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »
I've said it before, but you have done great work there dink :)

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1768 on: January 08, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
congratz on finishing it :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #1769 on: January 08, 2020, 05:23:42 PM »