Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 759861 times)

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1170 on: December 03, 2016, 08:53:26 PM »
thanks for the thndrx2 fix, dink. :)

I want to report another thing. On Surprise Attack's level 3, the sprites behind the black glass should have a darker tone, due to the glass' effect:

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #1171 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »
thanks for the thndrx2 fix, dink. :)

I want to report another thing. On Surprise Attack's level 3, the sprites behind the black glass should have a darker tone, due to the glass' effect:

You're welcome!

P.S. it looks fine to me.  Here's a comparison MAME(left) vs. FBA(right)

P.S.#2: I enabled the highlight over sprite code which I wrote for ssriders for surpratk, and it looks quite fab in this game.  look at this picture.  (click the picture(s) to make it the right size first.)  Would you be willing to test this game from beginning to end with the new code?  just to make sure it doesn't break anything?

best regards,
- dink

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:52:06 PM by dink »

Offline synnchan

« Reply #1172 on: December 03, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »
I know, but seems like mame is also wrong. At least according to this page:
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/video/konamiic.txt

Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to play this game on a PCB, so this is all I can do. :(

EDIT:

P.S.#2: I enabled the highlight over sprite code which I wrote for ssriders for surpratk, and it looks quite fab in this game.  look at this picture.  (click the picture(s) to make it the right size first.)  Would you be willing to test this game from beginning to end with the new code?  just to make sure it doesn't break anything?

Yes, I'd be happy to test stuff out. I've never played this game until the end so now I have a good reason to do so. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:32:37 PM by synnchan »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1173 on: December 04, 2016, 11:05:37 PM »
Xexex prologue is _finally_ fixed.  I literally spent weeks debugging this issue.  I wasn't going to let one of my favorite games look like turd - so I refused to give up! ( though, others have... ehehe. sorry iq :P )  anyways, here's a piccy:

p.s. Up next: Xexex timing fixes, to take care of the unsmoothe / flashy transitions in the intro sequence.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:08:25 PM by dink »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1174 on: December 05, 2016, 01:41:34 AM »
Congratulations :wink:

Offline Trick

• Newbies
« Reply #1175 on: December 05, 2016, 04:54:20 AM »
Cool, thanks for adding the new games, dink, especially Thundercade & Cal.50, I remember enjoying those back in the day.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1176 on: December 05, 2016, 08:07:09 AM »
Cool, thanks for adding the new games, dink, especially Thundercade & Cal.50, I remember enjoying those back in the day.

You're welcome!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1177 on: December 05, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »
More great news for Xexex fans aka Xexex bugfix status aka Things to look out for / bugs that were fixed:

1: The scene transitions in the Attract Mode sequence flash after it fades from a black background to a white background.

2: When you insert a coin:  Next to the anime girl a yellowish box is always on the screen, it moves towards the girl every now and then.  Initially it should actually appear after some text goes by; coming onto the screen using a neato corner-pinching effect.

3: A dip option to increase the pcm sound has been added (suggested by synnchan)

Here's a video showing the results (minus #3):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611qrgWga3s
Please watch the attract sequence of Xexex in a current version of FBAlpha before watching this video to get a better impression on the things that were fixed/changed.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1178 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »
Here's a video showing the results (minus #3):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611qrgWga3s
Please watch the attract sequence of Xexex in a current version of FBAlpha before watching this video to get a better impression on the things that were fixed/changed.

Excellent work! :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #1179 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »
More great news for Xexex fans aka Xexex bugfix status aka Things to look out for / bugs that were fixed:

1: The scene transitions in the Attract Mode sequence flash after it fades from a black background to a white background.

2: When you insert a coin:  Next to the anime girl a yellowish box is always on the screen, it moves towards the girl every now and then.  Initially it should actually appear after some text goes by; coming onto the screen using a neato corner-pinching effect.

3: A dip option to increase the pcm sound has been added (suggested by synnchan)

best regards,
- dink

That's excellent sleuthing! What a pain in the butt!

Offline synnchan

« Reply #1180 on: December 05, 2016, 12:15:39 PM »

best regards,
- dink

Thank you so much, dink the wizard! :D

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1181 on: December 05, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »
A masive big thanks to synnchan for finding a handful of other bugs in the game Xexex, and providing savestates & hanging out while I fixed them tonight.  We have an extra-perfect emulation of this game now :biggrin:

best regards,
- dink

Offline synnchan

« Reply #1182 on: December 07, 2016, 11:15:31 PM »
@dink: I'm happy to help! :)

And I have a new report. The game Shackled / Breywood has priority issues. It works correctly in mame.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 10:41:29 AM by synnchan »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1183 on: December 07, 2016, 11:30:55 PM »
Thanks, its fixed now :)

Offline synnchan

« Reply #1184 on: December 08, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »