Author Topic: Possible to add Dave's FFB driver to FBA?  (Read 13069 times)

Offline isamu

Possible to add Dave's FFB driver to FBA?
« on: October 04, 2008, 05:51:32 AM »
Hello.

Does anyone remember Davie's Final Burn-FF emu, that added force feedback to OutRun and Power Drift?

I would like to know is it possible any of you guys can add that driver to the current Final Burn Alpha? I've got a new killer FFB steering wheel(no, not the G25) and I would LOVE to play OR and PD with FFB.

The strange thing about the original FB-ff is, it only supports the old dumped versions of the OR and PD roms, the ones containing those extra files. I cannot run either game in FB-FF but they run fine in the current FBA. So having Davie's FF driver implemented in the current emu would be wonderful.

Please, IQ, Treble, Captain, etc...if it's at all possible within your powers, please see what you can do about adding the FF driver to FBA. It would be greatly appreciated, take care :)
GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES!!

Daytona USA is emulated for the PC.

*NOTHING more needs to be said*

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Re: Possible to add Dave's FFB driver to FBA?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:03:56 AM »
The original FB didn't support FFB at all. There was a different build called FinalburnFF that did - but that is based on a very old version and I don't have anyway to test it (ie, no FFB device) so I won't be looking at it.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline pmc2

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »
Long time ago...remember....

:)

Online iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »
If someone has a link to a .dll file that I can call externally for rumble or libraries that compile under mingw, i'd be more than willing to add rumble support for 68k and sh2-based games (I helped gogoackman add support for rumble to fba-xxx).  But it would be horribly hack-tacular and would never be in a vanilla build of FBA. I really don't have much interest spending a lot of time on it, so the libs or dll will need to be well-documented and easy to set up.

Offline isamu

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 01:34:56 AM »
If someone has a link to a .dll file that I can call externally for rumble or libraries that compile under mingw, i'd be more than willing to add rumble support for 68k and sh2-based games (I helped gogoackman add support for rumble to fba-xxx).  But it would be horribly hack-tacular and would never be in a vanilla build of FBA. I really don't have much interest spending a lot of time on it, so the libs or dll will need to be well-documented and easy to set up.

OH MY GOD.....someone get this man a well documented .dll file ASAP!!!!!

I will paypal $25 to the first person that gives IQ the .dll file he needs! That is NOT a joke! You can ban me if I don't pay up! C'mon guys, let's get cracking on the dll files! :D

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:26:41 AM »
Long time ago...remember....

:)

Aye - that was a long time ago. :)
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline isamu

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 06:32:33 AM »
Having the FFB driver in the current version of FBA would be INSANE!

OutRun and Powerdrift with my FFB wheel.....D-R-O-O-L

In a perfect world, I'd have someone put the Sega system 32 driver in FBA so I could play OutRunners with FFB.....OMFG can you imagine? I'd be on FBA playing OutRunners ALL day.....and when I say all day gentlemen, I mean A-------------L--------------------L day! No work, no eating, no going to the bathroom, no phone calls, no sex(well, perhaps I can make an exception :p ) NOTHING!

In fact, I tell you what.....the first person that's able to get the System 32 driver into FBA I will paypal you $200!!! No, that is not a joke!!!!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
Having the FFB driver in the current version of FBA would be INSANE!

OutRun and Powerdrift with my FFB wheel.....D-R-O-O-L

In a perfect world, I'd have someone put the Sega system 32 driver in FBA so I could play OutRunners with FFB.....OMFG can you imagine? I'd be on FBA playing OutRunners ALL day.....and when I say all day gentlemen, I mean A-------------L--------------------L day! No work, no eating, no going to the bathroom, no phone calls, no sex(well, perhaps I can make an exception :p ) NOTHING!

In fact, I tell you what.....the first person that's able to get the System 32 driver into FBA I will paypal you $200!!! No, that is not a joke!!!!

Please stop with the Paypal already. Nobody is interested in financial reward and quite frankly it is insulting to people who put time and effort into this project (and I include MameDev in that since that is the point of reference for much of FBA).

Offline isamu

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 07:37:37 AM »
Sorry Barry,

Hehe I was just kidding around and got carried away with my excitement. Meant no insult by it. You guys are doing a wonderful job and you have my gratitude :)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 01:49:40 AM »
Sorry Barry,

Hehe I was just kidding around and got carried away with my excitement. Meant no insult by it. You guys are doing a wonderful job and you have my gratitude :)

No offense but, I will comment something I've been holding since I saw this thread, ... FBA will not be less if Force Feedback is not added, so for me it's good the way it is at this moment.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline James33

• Expert
  • The Mame Man
    • Emulation Zone
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:22:07 AM »
I think it is time for me to play around with FBA again :D
IQ Forum Member

Offline alfrix

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »
I looked at the old FinalBurn-FFB code and isolated what it seems to be the FFB mods

still it's really old and current FBA code doesn't look anything like this

https://github.com/alfrix/FinalBurnFFB/commit/aac81b7747b15e0199af34cd5ceb489012cb5fce

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
Eek.  Not touching that one with a 40" pole :(