Author Topic: An (not new) idea for Neo-Geo emulation  (Read 6185 times)

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
An (not new) idea for Neo-Geo emulation
« on: March 16, 2006, 12:17:19 AM »
In most of other emulators (well, let's consider Kawaks, Nebula and even the old NeoRAGEx, in this specific case) you can set which system (US/Europe/Japan) and/or what type of machine (console/arcade) you'd like the games to run in. Of course you can do that as well in FBA, but the difference against other emus is that with them you set those options only once and they will work for any game you play until you switch them to something else, as opposed to FBA where you have to manually set these options (specially Freeplay "on/off") for every different game.

I'm not sure if it's possible to be done yet, but have you guys ever thought of a way to make these options "standard" for every game without using the Universal bios? Is that even possible to be done with FBA without making any profound changes to the original source and concept?

Hope I'm not sounding too crazy with such thoughts. :p
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 12:19:14 AM by Death Metal »

Offline LikkleBaer

Re: An (not new) idea for Neo-Geo emulation
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:38:04 AM »
It must be possible since the Xbox build of FBA FBA-XXX Pro allows you to choose the system mode from the main menu (MVS, AES, Debug, Universe). This then stays fixed and overrides any individual game settings.
"My God! ...It's full of Baers!"

www.likklebaer.eclipse.co.uk

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
    • FB Alpha Plus! Web Site
Re: An (not new) idea for Neo-Geo emulation
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:27:11 PM »
I'm not sure if it's possible to be done yet, but have you guys ever thought of a way to make these options "standard" for every game without using the Universal bios? Is that even possible to be done with FBA without making any profound changes to the original source and concept?

Hope I'm not sounding too crazy with such thoughts. :p
Well, FBA bases it's bios switching in "fake" DIP ports, so they can call any "desired" BIOS asociated with a simple value, to make the emulator load "default" configurations we have to change all the src that handles the DIP changes and BIOS loading... that means that all the NeroGeo src + the DIP dialog src + maybe some interface options... about... 6 or 8 files?
See ya!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Good and evil co-exist because of the balance, lies are not part of it...

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...