Author Topic: Win7 Activation Update released  (Read 17994 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Win7 Activation Update released
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:19:47 AM »
Posting for those who have Windows 7, if you have it installed and you do constant updates I recommend you take a look at the updates and remove the new one that says something about Activation, probably the title it has is something like "Important update" but if you check the description you will find the stuff there.

I'm saying this for everyone it doesn't matter if you have a downloaded version or went to Best Buy to get it, Microsoft is known for making updates a pain in the ass, so if you want to install this update I just warned you that it may end up locking your system. Then you will have to call Microsoft for assistance, blah blah blah... xD

If it doesn't lock the system then congratulations!, keep updating windows! but just be careful LOL xD

In my case I always like to be careful when installing Microsoft stuff :P, so I removed this update from my update list, and is what I recommend.  :smilie:

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Re: Win7 Activation Update released
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »
I really doubt there will be an issue with genuine copies. MS seem to have learned some lessons and are getting most things right at the moment.

For the record - I installed the update last night and had no issues.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
I really doubt there will be an issue with genuine copies. MS seem to have learned some lessons and are getting most things right at the moment.

For the record - I installed the update last night and had no issues.

That's good to know! ^^ I will consider installing it then :D

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Huggybaby

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »
I hid mine, it's an unnecessary update, at least for now. There's no reason to let MS phone home any more than it has to.