Author Topic: a new name!  (Read 31181 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
a new name!
« on: May 18, 2019, 07:21:45 PM »
FinalBurn Neo

Offline DarkShadowMD

• Newbies
  • I like arcades and art!
    • DarkShadow M.D. Art Corner
Re: a new name!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
Final Burn Nova?

Just toying XD
I can participate on this right? I'f not I apologize beforehand :V
No.... no no no... it's not Sarcoidosis!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 12:11:52 AM »
It's already been decided :)

Offline Robert

• MAME Devs
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 12:23:08 AM »
Or FBN for short. Looking forward to its first official release!  :)

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 01:07:14 AM »
FinalBurn Neo

Nice choice... it sounds good, in both extended version (FinalBurn Neo) and acronym version (FBN) ! :)

Offline DarkShadowMD

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 02:52:48 AM »
This also means the main site for the emulator will change as well? Because it still shows as FB Alpha (and points to the old repository)... In any case, congrats for the new name! New name, new future for the emu!

Offline Kev

• FBNeo Dev
  • Definitely the best Kev
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 05:04:29 AM »
This also means the main site for the emulator will change as well? Because it still shows as FB Alpha (and points to the old repository)... In any case, congrats for the new name! New name, new future for the emu!

The old site is owned by Barry, and we now have no control or influence over that site.  We have new domains for the new name but they just point here.

Also, the renaming of things will surely take some time, but it will happen. A more paranoid person would be worried that if Koch Media are using a new emulator written by Barry that has the name "FB Alpha", that is not what we all know as FB Alpha then there is a good chance at some point someone at that end is going to try and claim ownership on that name. A new name allows the project to move on away from the all f***wittery, which is what we all want :)

Offline Stifu

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 06:58:02 AM »
Nice choice... it sounds good, in both extended version (FinalBurn Neo) and acronym version (FBN) ! :)

A bit confusingly, "FBA" was renamed to "FBNeo" in the sources. FBA was written in 3 ways (FinalBurn Alpha, FB Alpha and FBA).
Does that mean FinalBurn Neo in only meant to be written in 2 ways but not 3 (FinalBurn Neo, FB Neo but not FBN), or am I reading too much into it?

Offline Kev

• FBNeo Dev
  • Definitely the best Kev
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 07:08:11 AM »
A bit confusingly, "FBA" was renamed to "FBNeo" in the sources. FBA was written in 3 ways (FinalBurn Alpha, FB Alpha and FBA).
Does that mean FinalBurn Neo in only meant to be written in 2 ways but not 3 (FinalBurn Neo, FB Neo but not FBN), or am I reading too much into it?

The first renaming pass was powered by several pints of Peroni so I wouldn't take any of it as gospel...

I believe all 3 are valid :)

Offline Tatsuya79

• Newbies
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »
Final Borneo.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »
Or FBN for short. Looking forward to its first official release!  :)

Among other things, I suppose that now the official releases will have a "better frequency" ! :)

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 09:29:25 AM »
Among other things, I suppose that now the official releases will have a "better frequency" ! :)

:wink:

Offline DarkShadowMD

• Newbies
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
In any case, I'm just happy the emulator continues, new name or not, this emu is my favorite (and it would be more if one day it emulates Konami GX games, but that's just me). I know about it because a friend that said it used to work on it recommended me for a lot of arcade games, and I say it: It's awesome!

All my support for FB Neo!

Is it just you by now working on the emu dink? Or you are having more devs involved?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:01:22 PM by DarkShadowMD »

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
    • FB Alpha Plus! Web Site
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »
Wow... long time not logging in, and I find this XD

First of all, I love the name, it moves to the future, sounds so dynamic and modern! I love it!

Second... I have to say I am pretty sorry for being so absent from a long time. RL things just made me even unable to at least say I wouldn't be able to help even a little bit with the emulator. Man, at this point, I even forgot anything about coding XD.

Still, I'm pretty excited to see FB moves to a new shiny future. Maybe I can't help with coding as I did before, but at least I will be still here logging in from time to time and helping with the forums as much as I can. Let's hope nothing else happens again to drag me away like last time XD.

Long Live FB Neo!

See ya!

Good and evil co-exist because of the balance, lies are not part of it...

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 07:18:27 PM »
All my support for FB Neo!

Is it just you by now working on the emu dink? Or you are having more devs involved?

iq_132, kev and me sorta keep the project going, but really - anybody can contribute to the project! :)

best regards,
- dink