Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158672 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #900 on: August 12, 2022, 09:01:55 PM »
Thanks!

Yes, I did, thank you!
I just thought it'd be bad to spam thank you comments every time (and so I just use that "applaud" link thing thinking maybe you get a notification or something), but I am grateful for all of your work.

Thanks for your feedback & bug reports!
Feedback is very motivating, keep in mind :)
(The applaud link just adds a point to my karma-counter, nothing else)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #901 on: August 19, 2022, 10:40:58 PM »
Hello again,

I'm not an expert on this type of thing, so I could be very mistaken about this, but it seems to me as if the internal volume is somehow too high.
https://i.imgur.com/D7KWTCe.png
This is a picture showing the audio from the first Ninja Turtles arcade game when you attack the robot in the first stage before the boss area.
The top part shows the audio from FB Neo taken from a video capture program, while the bottom part shows audio from FB Neo's sound logging feature. The middle one shows audio from MAME's avi capture, although I had turned down the volume to 60%. The difference here is that MAME seems to output it properly, while FB Neo seems to have clipping, even when the volume is turned down.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2022, 09:45:41 AM »
Hi ben.shinobi,
Update of m72 has been finished, loht and lohtj are both using the protection mcu.  loht might be a little different than from what you're used to, as the protection mcu was just recently dumped on this one.

best regards,
- dink

I must admit it's not easy to see if you're lambda Tonma player. All the differences during the first 4 stages are very subtles.
In stage 1, the respawn vampire enemies is higher in world version (maybe 20/30% faster than the jap version)
In stage 2, at start, all the first enemies shoot at you quicker and their bullets are faster. The boss shoot also more bullets.
In stage 3 & 4, there are little more enemies but it's not easy to see. (both boss seems to have identical pattern)
In stage 5, enemies (blue soldiers) respawn much more faster and they're more resistant (boss have identical pattern)
In stage 6, there are more ghosts and flying skeletons. The boss pattern is more difficult. You can easly see it.
In Final boss stage 7, There are 3 big birds (for every pattern) in world revision while there are only 2 in Japan version.
I will try to study other differences between both version.
I share here 2 run on both version with mame (INP file to playback) to help you. I can made video if you want ?
https://we.tl/t-tvVgvFD6UZ
Thanks & best regards !!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #903 on: August 21, 2022, 01:41:17 AM »
Hello again,

I'm not an expert on this type of thing, so I could be very mistaken about this, but it seems to me as if the internal volume is somehow too high.
https://i.imgur.com/D7KWTCe.png
This is a picture showing the audio from the first Ninja Turtles arcade game when you attack the robot in the first stage before the boss area.
The top part shows the audio from FB Neo taken from a video capture program, while the bottom part shows audio from FB Neo's sound logging feature. The middle one shows audio from MAME's avi capture, although I had turned down the volume to 60%. The difference here is that MAME seems to output it properly, while FB Neo seems to have clipping, even when the volume is turned down.

Hi Nick,
I added a soft-limiter to bring that sfx down a bit, see if that helps on your side?

best regards,
- dink

Offline ben.shinobi

« Reply #904 on: August 21, 2022, 01:59:55 PM »
Hi ben.shinobi,
Update of m72 has been finished, loht and lohtj are both using the protection mcu.  loht might be a little different than from what you're used to, as the protection mcu was just recently dumped on this one.

Thanks a lot for your hard work !! I've checked with the github update FBN and the jap rom corresponds now to the correct jap gameplay version.
Is it possible to get the update FBN core DLL on RetroArch ? Or must we wait the next retroarch update ?
I'm going to check other M72 jap gameplay rom. I've seen that Ninja spirit jap rom doesn't have copyright text on the boot but the jap gameplay is correct. I will check Image Fight who also have differences between world and jap version.
Thanks & best regards

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #905 on: August 21, 2022, 04:13:25 PM »
Hi Nick,
I added a soft-limiter to bring that sfx down a bit, see if that helps on your side?

best regards,
- dink
Thank you for looking into it. Now it doesn't show red when I'm logging the audio at that area, yet it still seems to be clipping for some reason. https://imgur.com/GVXFjP3

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #906 on: August 21, 2022, 06:13:02 PM »
Thank you for looking into it. Now it doesn't show red when I'm logging the audio at that area, yet it still seems to be clipping for some reason. https://imgur.com/GVXFjP3

Does it sound distorted or bad on your side?  I'll try to improve the waveform tonight using some ideas that were flying around in my head.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:22:39 PM by dink »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #907 on: August 21, 2022, 06:19:57 PM »
Thanks a lot for your hard work !! I've checked with the github update FBN and the jap rom corresponds now to the correct jap gameplay version.
Is it possible to get the update FBN core DLL on RetroArch ? Or must we wait the next retroarch update ?
I'm going to check other M72 jap gameplay rom. I've seen that Ninja spirit jap rom doesn't have copyright text on the boot but the jap gameplay is correct. I will check Image Fight who also have differences between world and jap version.
Thanks & best regards

You're welcome :)
I'm glad to hear it's working properly.
The Japanese Ninja Spirit needs to have a current rom (containing the dumped mcu) for the boot text.
I'm not too familiar with RetroArch, but if you tell it to get updated core, it should grab the fbneo core with the new code.  Good luck!

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #908 on: August 22, 2022, 05:18:27 AM »
Is it possible to get the update FBN core DLL on RetroArch ?

It should be available through their online updater.

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #909 on: August 22, 2022, 02:54:33 PM »
Does it sound distorted or bad on your side?  I'll try to improve the waveform tonight using some ideas that were flying around in my head.

best regards,
- dink
I wouldn't say that it's noticeable in this particular instance, but it still is clipped, whether or not it can be heard. If it was just this one game, I wouldn't think it matters at all, but I believe that this could affect certain games in a way where it would be noticeable. I could check out a few other games to see if I can find a better demonstration of my concern.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #910 on: August 23, 2022, 01:53:08 AM »
Nick,
I just updated tmnt w/ a different mixing technique and added an attack stage to the limiter to improve it's effectiveness a little, the waveform looks pretty now, at least.

best regards,
- dink

Offline ben.shinobi

« Reply #911 on: August 24, 2022, 02:45:29 PM »
It should be available through their online updater.

In fact, the updated dll is available here : https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/
And it works fine with the M72 roms now.
Thanks again !!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #912 on: August 24, 2022, 08:13:21 PM »
In fact, the updated dll is available here : https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/
And it works fine with the M72 roms now.
Thanks again !!

That's good news :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #913 on: August 26, 2022, 09:53:09 PM »
Nick,
I just updated tmnt w/ a different mixing technique and added an attack stage to the limiter to improve it's effectiveness a little, the waveform looks pretty now, at least.

best regards,
- dink
Thank you!

Offline the_maq

« Reply #914 on: September 06, 2022, 08:08:13 PM »
@Dink - Revolution x cheats are not working?