Author Topic: FB Alpha Enhanced R1 to R14 [v0.2.96.72]  (Read 214365 times)

Offline HippoOnWater

Re: FB Alpha Enhanced [v0.2.96.72]
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »
CaptainCPS-X:

Great work on this emu the ONLY thing it is missing is the option to enable smart interframe blending like Kawaks 1.58.

Some people might ask WHAT IS INTERFRAME BLENDING?

Well to put it simply it is a method of blending sprites that flicker on normal displays rather then giving the effect of semi transparent sprite.On a normal Arcade monitor this is not a problem but on today's displays you will notice in Games on the NeoGeo, CPS, and so on that they have flickering sprites that do not look right at all but with the help of interframe blending this problem can be fixed.

Please CaptainCPS add this feature for FBA Enhanced as well, since It is the ONLY feature that makes Kawaks better in my eyes.

Thank you. ;p

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2008, 05:17:51 AM »
If i'm using this emu online, and Autoplay is enabled, the lag and desynching within the game will be very noticeable. I'm worry that many people who're using this emu online will forgot to turn off the feature.
the pause option does not affect netplay. If its desynchronizing, its due to something in the driver or dips sending options.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:19:07 AM by 0746 »

Offline Furunkel

« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2008, 08:33:50 AM »
CaptainCPS-X:

Great work on this emu the ONLY thing it is missing is the option to enable smart interframe blending like Kawaks 1.58.

I agree to that. Interframe blending is a very nice feature. I am surprised that it is only in kawaks.
I think for neogeo games it is a must.

I have another feature request. Can you make a option, that fba enhanced can remember the last selectet game (like mame) and remember the last "preview tab" (snap, title, flyer) ?

Offline pmc2

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »
Hi Captain,

- Can you add the 2xPM filter (very better performance than Hq2x and great aspect!!) ??

and

- option like "show available only" but for the missing roms: "Only missing" (like kawaks) ^^
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:51:34 AM by pmc2 »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
Quote from: pcm2
Hi Captain,

- Can you add the 2xPM filter (very better performance than Hq2x and great aspect!!) ??

Im learning DirectX these days so probably I will be able to add blitters very soon (depending on when I get to the point of enhancing the drawn image on the screen surfaces)

Quote from: pmc2

- option like "show available only" but for the missing roms: "Only missing" (like kawaks) ^^

I could work on something like that, it will require that I modify the romlist display code so when generating the list / refreshing, it would check if the only missing option is available it will do the inverse of "show available only"...so the option would be one or the other since I can't let two checkboxes for that, the 'show available only' and 'show missing only' would be like radio buttons.

Quote from: Furunkel

I have another feature request. Can you make a option, that fba enhanced can remember the last selectet game (like mame) and remember the last "preview tab" (snap, title, flyer) ?

I could do that ^^, it will be for sure in the next release  :wink:

SeeYaa!a

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »
I could work on something like that, it will require that I modify the romlist display code so when generating the list / refreshing, it would check if the only missing option is available it will do the inverse of "show available only"...so the option would be one or the other since I can't let two checkboxes for that, the 'show available only' and 'show missing only' would be like radio buttons.
SeeYaa!a

Please don't.  IIRC the FBA devs hate this.  It's a license violation in MAME even.  If you want a
real ROM validation software, use romcenter or clrmamepro.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »
Please don't.  IIRC the FBA devs hate this.  It's a license violation in MAME even.  If you want a

ThanX IQ_132, I didn't know that  :smilie:. I will not add that function then, because I want to be following the FBA license agreement and I respect MAME so that should do.

I hope you guys understand what I'm doing referring to license, I'm showing 'respect' for FBA and don't want to be doing a deformed build of it that represent the wrong image to the emulation community.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Furunkel

« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »
Another Feature Request.

CaptainCPS-X, can you change the "Generate ClrMame Pro dat" function, that it write in the second line only the name of the emulator without the release number ?
(name "FB Alpha Enhanced"
instead of
name "FB Alpha Enhanced Rxx")

If the name in the dat is changed in every version, cmp don't use the old settings. If the name is the same, cmp use the old settings and only update the dat.
It is ok without the release in the name, because the release number appears in the cmp list by the description in the dat file.

I hope you understand what i mean, my english is not the best :wink:

Offline pmc2

« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »

I don't understand. What's the difference with the "show available only" option ?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:33:28 PM by pmc2 »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »
I don't understand. What's the difference with the "show available only" option ?
The difference is that 'show available' doesn't list games that are missing roms. It isn't a
way of checking to see if your set is complete.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »
Another Feature Request.

CaptainCPS-X, can you change the "Generate ClrMame Pro dat" function, that it write in the second line only the name of the emulator without the release number ?
(name "FB Alpha Enhanced"
instead of
name "FB Alpha Enhanced Rxx")

If the name in the dat is changed in every version, cmp don't use the old settings. If the name is the same, cmp use the old settings and only update the dat.
It is ok without the release in the name, because the release number appears in the cmp list by the description in the dat file.

I hope you understand what i mean, my english is not the best :wink:

I understand "Furunkel" ^^ and it will be fixed for next release =), ThanX for the notice.

btw, I finally got my PC up and running with a new Power Supply (I hope this one last for some years xD), so expect the new release soon!

SeeYaa!

Offline HippoOnWater

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2008, 12:09:48 AM »
Cap CPS-X

So any chance of getting interframe blending in FBAE? :P

Also, I noticed with Build 13 from 12 CPU usage went up you might want to look into that.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2008, 03:59:06 AM »
Cap CPS-X

So any chance of getting interframe blending in FBAE? :P

Also, I noticed with Build 13 from 12 CPU usage went up you might want to look into that.

Well, I mentioned that I'm still learning DirectX so for now I cant add it for the upcoming R14, maybe in the future I could do that, It would be pretty cool to add that feature, but unfortunately for now I cant add it.

I will take this opportunity to let you all know that I have a list of finished WIP of "25" updates in FB Alpha Enhanced R14, so this next release will be packed with lot of new stuff ^^

Im dedicating to all of those ppl that have come here and gave support to my build of FBA. I hope you all like this upcoming release that incorporates almost everything that needed a look + my surprises  :biggrin:

The only thing Im still to do is verify the new updated romsets in the latest MAME release to have FBA in sync with them. That is probably the last updates I gonna add for R14 before releasing it (finally xD).

SeeYaa!

Offline hxghwx

• Newbies
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2008, 04:42:48 AM »
When does the ability let out R14? I am very personal expectation.I like this FBA very much. Can you hurry?The thanks CaptainCPS-X

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2008, 04:44:14 AM »
Exactly there were 4 romsets that needed to be updated to be in sync with the latest official / stable release of MAME (v122 - Not including u1,u2, etc) but the updates had nothing new to be sync.

These were the updated romsets:

- dfeveron
- 3wonders
- ffightu
- wintbob

This means that there are "29" updates done to the upcoming R14 of FBA Enhanced lol  :p

SeeYaa!