Author Topic: FB Alpha Enhanced R1 to R14 [v0.2.96.72]  (Read 213495 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: FB Alpha Enhanced [v0.2.96.72]
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2008, 02:54:05 AM »
Well before I go to sleep we got the newest addition of NeoGeo drivers ready to go on FB Alpha Enhanced R12 ThanX to IQ_132, this release is coming pretty soon.

- Added IQ_132 latest 'd_neogeo.cpp'. This adds kof2003h, mslug5h and rbff1a to the driver list.
( http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=750.msg6508#msg6508 )

so Kawaks is left behind now in that aspect  :cool:

I left some pictures of the drivers working fine.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 02:14:06 AM »
FB Alpha Enhanced R12

This release is packed with the latest OopsWare update to the CPS3 driver + my own work too, there are lot of cleaning and organization in the internal code, I made the region DIPs work with all games including Red Earth using my patching code.

In this release to I included the newest addition,  'View Romset Information', I imported this feature from FBA Extras and did some tweaks to Enhance it ^^!, btw I edited my VC makefile for both 'speed' & 'optimization' of the FBA application so it should be more stable.

R12 [January 4, 2008]:

* Added a new menu item 'CPS-III Settings -> 'Enable FastBoot' & 'Enable SpeedHacks',
      These options make it posible to use or not use the features. They don't affect gameplay
      and they don't cause any type of guru meditation.

* I Verified & Updated latest CPS3 driver with all CPS3 romsets, DIPs, CleanUp and the region patching code.
      Now every game is playable and there are no guru meditations of any kind.

!* Added OopsWare latest update to the CPS-3 driver, it includes sound & more speed.
    * Added update made by IQ_132 to his 'Quiz Olympic' driver. [ThanX to IQ_132]. 
   !* New Feature: "View Romset Information" - it will let you see all the selected driver roms, crc32, size and type of rom.
      It display the romset name, total size in different ways (Bytes, KB & MB) and the number of files in the romset ^^.

* Added Update made by BisonSAS to the 'Quiz Olympic' driver originally made by IQ_132 [ThanX to BisonSAS]

Enjoy!!!

Unicode Binary / Compiled under VC2008 ( DirectX Graphics 9 Blitter Capable):

fba_029672_enhanced_R12_u_vc2008.7z [~1.44MB]

SeeYaa!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:31:31 AM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 03:07:27 AM »
I couldnt go to sleep, I forgot to do something very important, ...

ThanX to OopsWare for all the great job that he's done with the CPS3 driver  :smilie:

FB Alpha Rules!

SeeYaa!

Offline GLiTcH

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »
Thanks cap

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »
This is a close-source project now~~哈哈~~

I doubt it - the FBA license specifically states that source needs to be distributed. Binary only releases are not allowed. Given the thread on the mameworld forums and the fact that some MAME code is used in FBA then we need to be seen to enforce the license.

Oh, btw, well done to Oopsware for the work on CPS-3 and especially on the SH-2 hook-up. I might look at some SH-2 systems in future - will need to add support for multiple SH-2s first though. :)
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
I doubt it - the FBA license specifically states that source needs to be distributed. Binary only releases are not allowed. Given the thread on the mameworld forums and the fact that some MAME code is used in FBA then we need to be seen to enforce the license.

Oh, btw, well done to Oopsware for the work on CPS-3 and especially on the SH-2 hook-up. I might look at some SH-2 systems in future - will need to add support for multiple SH-2s first though. :)

As you say Treble, the source must be released and I was doing it until a specific release of this Enhanced version because my original UI code was being stealed for other builds 'that never released their source' (I don't want to be too specific on which builds are at this moment), but if the authors of FBA want my source , you'll have it any day you want, I got no problem at all with you  :smilie:.

Btw, I want to state something to be at peace with everyone, 'When I finish working on most of the enhancements i plan to add for future releases, I will release the source'

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 05:42:57 PM »
As you say Treble, the source must be released and I was doing it until a specific release of this Enhanced version because my original UI code was being stealed for other builds 'that never released their source' (I don't want to be too specific on which builds are at this moment), but if the authors of FBA want my source , you'll have it any day you want, I got no problem at all with you  :smilie:.

Btw, I want to state something to be at peace with everyone, 'When I finish working on most of the enhancements i plan to add for future releases, I will release the source'

SeeYaa!

Unfortunately, that's par for the course. If you feel strongly about it then go after the builds that steal your stuff. But the idea of the license is that all code is public and people are free to use it as they wish - as long as they don't gain it from it commercially and they publically post their own improvements.

Again, unfortunately, but it isn't really an argument that you don't distribute source for fear of people using it - if everybody took that stance then MAME, FBA and similar wouldn't exist at all. Me, Kev, Jan and the others have plenty of code in there that we see people using without credit in their own builds - there isn't much you can do about it and as long as people post source and obey the license and keep the program alive.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 06:04:22 PM »
Unfortunately, that's par for the course. If you feel strongly about it then go after the builds that steal your stuff. But the idea of the license is that all code is public and people are free to use it as they wish - as long as they don't gain it from it commercially and they publically post their own improvements.

Again, unfortunately, but it isn't really an argument that you don't distribute source for fear of people using it - if everybody took that stance then MAME, FBA and similar wouldn't exist at all. Me, Kev, Jan and the others have plenty of code in there that we see people using without credit in their own builds - there isn't much you can do about it and as long as people post source and obey the license and keep the program alive.

I really appreciate your words Treble  :smilie:, because they've made me think what I've been doing since some releases back, so with the next release R13 I will release my source too. I really love FBA and I want it to keep going further in the future. Sorry for not following the Licence agreement in some of my releases, I'm really sorry man.

btw, it's good to see you around  Barry :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Offline Chilango

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »
I only register to this forum, to say thanks to mr. CaptainCPS-X, this emu is the best of the best, thanks mr. CAP, is more stable, and fast, and pretty emu, sorry for my bad english. :) thanks Mr.  :biggrin:

Edit: " And i try many emus, and this is the best "   :biggrin: and the sound is pretty good.

Thanks to all Team. is very fast. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:20:56 PM by Chilango »

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »
Yes...Even if we all have already thanks iq_132, OopsWare and CaptainCPS-X...We can say that the work done this last days on FBA is something very important and amazing :biggrin:

FBA has gain some important steps in the world of emulation...To have tested last FBA Enhanced R12 Build, i can say that it's very incredible :eek:

GUYS...You're rocks !!! :p

Offline DF723

• Newbies
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
I registered here just to say thank you to iq_132, OopsWare and CaptainCPS-X for making "CPS3 onto FBA" a reality. But I got a question:

How many more tests/builds of FBA will there be before it can be released as a final version?

If I'm breaking a rule for asking this, let me know. I'm too excited right now :D

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »
I registered here just to say thank you to iq_132, OopsWare and CaptainCPS-X for making "CPS3 onto FBA" a reality. But I got a question:

How many more tests/builds of FBA will there be before it can be released as a final version?

If I'm breaking a rule for asking this, let me know. I'm too excited right now :D

ThanX all for everything ^^ and Welcome to NeoSource all new members  :wink: I hope you enjoy what we have around the forums.

About your question, I think you refer to an 'official' version, well, the official developers of FBA (currently the most active is Treble Winner 'Barry Harris')  make updates time by time, but currently he's not having the normal time he had to work on the official version. My build of FB Alpha Enhanced is not a 'official' release, I'm not part of the FBA Team, but it is based on the latest official release of it and I hope that when I release the latest source some of the features if not all can be ported to the official one  :smilie:.

Im very happy to see all this activity of users around I hope you can participate more frecuently and let us know what you like in the suggestions forum ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline DF723

• Newbies
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »
I have a suggestion:

Is it possible to add "Joystick Deadzone/Saturation" feature on FBA, similar to that in MAME 32++?

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »
Even if FBA Enhanced build is not "official", it will be a non-sense not to add most of the features added in your Build :idiot:...Hope Treble Winner 'Barry Harris' (all my respect and support) is agree with me. Just now (when you're Ok and ready) have to release your SRC Cap' :wink:

Offline NiuuS

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2008, 12:24:49 AM »

I really appreciate your words Treble  :smilie:, because they've made me think what I've been doing since some releases back, so with the next release R13 I will release my source too. I really love FBA and I want it to keep going further in the future. Sorry for not following the Licence agreement in some of my releases, I'm really sorry man.

btw, it's good to see you around  Barry :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Even when i do not use this specific build of FBA regularly, i just registered to tell you: that's both awesome and very mature, the way you took Treble Winner's opinion, and realized the thruth :cool:. That's the way an emulation community can really grow. My kudos to you, and your contribution to the scene, CaptainCPS-X. Thx for the build!