Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760716 times)

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Found a graphic glitch on Wiggie Waggie (wiggie)

Yip you cant Wiggle your Waggle if the game has bad graphics :D

Offline WILOWAR

Super -X (Mitchell) (superxm) Game freeze

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
WILOWAR: thanks for the reports!

for mars matrix:  edit game inputs (F5), set a key to "volume up" (you may need to scroll down a bit), press OK then start a game & press this key until its at the volume you wish.  also make sure "volume down" isn't conflicting with anything else - or just clear input with "clear lock" checked.

for Super-X: exit the game or close/reload FBA, go to "Misc" -> "Options" and uncheck "Use assembly MC68000 core".  If this doesn't help and you are using the 64bit FBA, get the 32bit one instead. and/or ctrl-F5 and set the dips to default.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:19:37 PM by dink »

Offline dink

• Administrator
Takeda Shingen  aka  Shingen Samurai Fighter on Jaleco Megasystem 1.

This game has a sprite effect that is unemulated in MAME and FBA.  When your samurai has the flashing sword powerup and you kill a baddie, they die in a mess of pixelated blocks, its a neat effect - tonight I figured out how to emulate it :)

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Nice work derek game sure looks better now with that graphical feature Emulated correctly

Offline dink

• Administrator
For my buddy Zazzone (again)

p.s. the request lines are not open, but as you can see - being a faithful tester has its benefits :)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Very nice work dink. :)
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Wow! That was fast! Nice work dink!

Offline vbt

• FBNeo Contributor
super job dink !

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Fantastico!!!

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
take note, if you used MAME as reference for PopEye our emulation has some flaws / unemulated hardware limitations.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=3725

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
take note, if you used MAME as reference for PopEye our emulation has some flaws / unemulated hardware limitations.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=3725

Just for clarification, but is he saying that the transparent is set as black and covers the sprite behind it, or that it wipes out the sprite  behind it completely (overwrites a sprite framebuffer?) and is transparent, but without the sprite behind it? Also he mention sprite 0, is this only with the first sprite?

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
I believe sprites have no real transparency, so wipe out sprite pixels of the sprite behind if they cover them (IIRC I did implement this bit in MAME)

there's also some complex DMA / priority issue that affects which sprite has priority in certain cases, calculated by the hardware on a per-scanline basis, the game also runs in an interlace mode so technically it's only half the scanlines update each frame, MAME doesn't really have native interlace support and just ends up treating it as a higher resolution game.

all in all I understand what's written there about as well as you do tho ;-)

Offline dink

• Administrator
Haze thanks for taking the time to explain these things :)

Until yesterday I had never seen level 2 and 3 - absolutely brilliant for a game from '82 :D

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
I'm having a little issue with Sky Skipper, a few of the sprites are incorrectly flipped, I just can't figure it out.  Specifically the plane, King and Gorilla characters.  any ideas guys?