Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158576 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FBN Bugs Reports
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2020, 10:37:22 PM »
the_maq,
hmm, I'm trying to understand this one a bit better so I can come up with another workaround.  Do you have all 4 of the start buttons mapped to a single button, or are you pressing each players start button individually?  at the same time?  Does it happen if you hit each player's start button a little later than the other?

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2020, 11:08:45 PM »
Took another crack at this and it occurred to me that i should map all 4 start buttons to anyone of the 4 default start buttons? I chose button 1 on the keyboard and bingo it worked - so the only time diagnostics show up is if you continue game with either punch, kick, or the mutant power button, what do you think?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:36:56 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2020, 11:50:58 PM »
so, the problem is: the game needs a few frames to start each character after a continue.. if they all start at the same time, the program code will partially crash leaving some debug stuff on the screen.  I'm pretty confident that this is a bug in konami's code, and would even be willing to bet money that if you wired all 4 start buttons to 1 button w/the PCB and tried continuing with it (or use the punch button), it would do the same thing.

I added a workaround for the 4p version, you'll have to use the start button to continue (by mapping all the start buttons to 1 button).  Unfortunately there is no way to serialize the punch buttons without horribly affecting gameplay, so the start button will have to do.

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2020, 12:18:26 AM »
Well that's that clarified..it's fine with me. thanks :cool:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 08:14:09 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2020, 12:42:36 AM »
yes, grab the exe again as I did a little revision.  btw, I posted that last message before I saw your previous message

Offline the_maq

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »
Violent storm intro bug - funny blue line running across the bottom??
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:26:51 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2020, 12:37:10 AM »
the_maq, thanks for the bug report!

my, how the years go by...
This bug in viostorm has been haunting me for years now.  After I read your message I thought - damn, another thing we can't fix.  Gave it another try tonight for a couple hours, and got it.   And Robert is going to toss the fix into MAME as well, so fans of either emulator will be able to enjoy it :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2020, 01:50:00 AM »

This bug in viostorm has been haunting me for years now.  After I read your message I thought - damn, another thing we can't fix.  Gave it another try tonight for a couple hours, and got it.   And Robert is going to toss the fix into MAME as well, so fans of either emulator will be able to enjoy it :)

best regards,
- dink
Konami's 2d arcade emulation has come a long way if i recall all the way back from 1997 on mame so here's hoping the little remaining titles and bugs get fixed or close enough on fba in the not too distant future.. :cool: regards and thx
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 03:54:20 PM by the_maq »

Offline Stifu

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2020, 03:39:10 AM »

I kinda feel like you say that every time. :)
You're the man! And very cool about sharing such fixes with MAME.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2020, 09:14:40 AM »
Stifu, most of the bugs left in fb are the ones which couldn't be fixed years ago that I gave up on, so I'm always super happy and somewhat amazed when one of those get fixed :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2020, 01:16:18 AM »
the_maq,
regarding..
ngcd golf: ngcd emulation shows the overscan, as some games actually draw useful stuff there, then you get some games that occasionally draw garbage there.

tmnt: the timing looks fine in our code, it looks like this one is down to too much onscreen activity causing lower priority objects to get left out of the frame.  since this happens for 1 frame occasionally, most probably wouldn't notice it on an arcade machine due to both pov and phosphor reactivity of the crt.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2020, 04:43:40 AM »
re-ngcd : i guess a gamecode/width relationships table could be implemented and used to resize automatically, i'll look into this soon.

Offline the_maq

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »
 cheers :cool:

Offline Robert

• MAME Devs
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2020, 05:20:37 AM »

And Robert is going to toss the fix into MAME as well, so fans of either emulator will be able to enjoy it :)

Added as a mirror, so now that pesky blue area is gone.

EDIT:  Added the xmen6p fix too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:22:01 AM by Robert »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »
Robert, thanks! :)