Author Topic: Impression Non-Arcade?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Peewee

Impression Non-Arcade?
« on: October 15, 2021, 04:10:37 AM »
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. I am a new member and I would hope forward to learn from each one of you. I love FB Neo. Pls, as you know, FBNeo also supports consoles the Genesis, the NES, and even computers like the ZX Spectrum or the MSX. I would like to know if you have had the occasion to test these systems. I wonder what game consoles can be emulated at the same quality or almost the same quality as an original game console. I wonder if are equal to the task with emulators "Mesen" or "Genesis Plus GX".

I would appreciate any clarification.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:12:51 AM by Peewee »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Impression Non-Arcade?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 07:54:47 AM »
nes, coleco and zx spectrum support should be on par if not arguably better than the best emulators for those systems, i'm less sure about the other systems (most were added quite a long time ago and didn't receive "major upgrades" since then), even if i don't remember they have any issues we are aware of.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 09:27:54 AM »
I stand behind the nes/fc/fds, zx, coleco, msx1 and megadrive being really great :)
I'm not too concerned with emulator tests, for example - I spent a month or more getting the sms emulator to pass every single test, but, in the end, it didn't improve anything as every commercial/hb game ran flawlessly to begin with.  You'll see that a lot of classic emulators also fail a lot of tests, but they have been used and loved for 15-20(or more) years without problems.  Some particular tests are very helpful when it comes to development, but a majority of them it really doesn't matter if they pass or fail.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Peewee

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 05:23:20 AM »
I really appreciate your reply, @barbudreadmon, and @dink.

@dink : this reply looks contradictory, confuses me  :S

Regards.