Author Topic: confused on auto frameskip  (Read 3646 times)

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
confused on auto frameskip
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
Hi guys. On fba you can leave the auto frameskip option either checked or unchecked. I'm guessing if it's unchecked, then the emulator will never skip frames and always draw all of them, right?

But if you open the fba.ini inside the config folder, there's this line:

Quote from: fba.ini
// If non-zero, skip frames when needed to keep the emulation running at full speed
bAlwaysDrawFrames 1

This is what it says if you leave auto frameskip unchecked. But the "bAlwaysDrawFrames = 1", so does that mean it's activated?

If I check auto frameskip, the "1" will be replaced with a "0", but since it says "non zero = skip frames" then that means there's a little inconsistency with the emulator.

What I want to do is make the emulator NEVER skip frames at all. Like, I want it to always draw all of them because my computer can already run the games at full speed. Should I leave "auto frameskip" checked or unchecked then? I'm a bit confused.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did some tests here and despite the inconsistency, you actually need to leave auto frameskip unchecked so it will never skip frames. I dumped a few movies with it checked and frames were skipped, so yeah.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:54:47 PM by synnchan »