Author Topic: "Loading of ded9.dll and d3dx9_43.dll failed." Error  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Gamera

"Loading of ded9.dll and d3dx9_43.dll failed." Error
« on: December 10, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
Whenever I load FB Alpha, I get this error message, "Loading of ded9.dll and d3dx9_43.dll failed," in a pop-up before the program loads.  I'm using Windows 7.  Thought maybe it was a problem with DirectX.  So I went and reinstalled the latest version from the Microsoft download.  No good, pop-up still appears.  Tried a few other suggestions I found via Google, and it didn't alleviate the issue either.  I guess I'm technically inept, so if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.  I'm running FB Alpha from a folder on my desktop.  I'm also using the latest version.  Redownloaded it again today in fact.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: "Loading of ded9.dll and d3dx9_43.dll failed." Error
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 05:45:54 PM »
Hi,
Firstly, make sure you're using the 32bit version, the 64bit version has issues.  Second, change your blitter plugin, the "Enhanced" one seems to work the best for most people.  If you still get the error after that, try one of the other blitter plugins until you find one that works.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Gamera

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:59:58 PM »
Okay, I finally figured out updating DirectX via Microsoft doesn't fix corrupted files, so I found a resdistrition of DirectX on cnet that fixed the problem.  So the error is gone now, and it had nothing to do with Final Burn Alpha.

Thanks for the advice though, Dink, I wasn't aware that the 32bit version runs better, and it is running the games with less lag under enhanced mode for me.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
Excellent! I'm glad everything worked out :)