Author Topic: Screen Rotation in FBA  (Read 12335 times)

Offline shmuppet

Screen Rotation in FBA
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
so i want to play vertical games in FBA with my LCD monitor rotated for the full effect.

however my monitor only rotates one direction, and it seems FBA can only rotate one direction, which happens to be the opposite direction i need it to rotate to display the game correctly on my rotated monitor.

in MAME you can just hit 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise to solve this problem. is there any option in FBA that i can use to change the rotation in this way?

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: Screen Rotation in FBA
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:52:03 AM »
so i want to play vertical games in FBA with my LCD monitor rotated for the full effect.

however my monitor only rotates one direction, and it seems FBA can only rotate one direction, which happens to be the opposite direction i need it to rotate to display the game correctly on my rotated monitor.

in MAME you can just hit 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise to solve this problem. is there any option in FBA that i can use to change the rotation in this way?

Hi shmuppet, welcome to NeoSource :),  here you have some images that will answer your question ^^

Disable Rotation of vertically aligned games

This one is Clockwise ^^

Go to monitor properties and toggle Mirrored vertical alignment

Now this is Counterclockwise...

There you go!

Hope this helps!  :biggrin:  :wink:

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:56:12 AM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline shmuppet

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »
Captain, thanks for your quick and detailed response!

However, I have tried this and unfortunately the "Mirrored vertical alignment" option has no effect on my game display. Unchecking "Rotate vertically aligned games" does rotate it clockwise, but toggling 'mirrored vert alignment' does not rotate it counter-clockwise. The program window kinda disappears and reappears quickly, but the display is still just clockwise when it pops back up.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron laptop....FBA v0.2.97.07.

Offline shmuppet

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:14:16 AM »
UPDATE! Good news.

Even though the window mode display does not change when toggling Mirrored Vertical Alignment, I realized that if I enable the Use Triple Buffering option, it is rotated counter-clockwise when I go to fullscreen mode.

So, problem solved I guess! Thanks again.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 11:31:55 AM »
UPDATE! Good news.

Even though the window mode display does not change when toggling Mirrored Vertical Alignment, I realized that if I enable the Use Triple Buffering option, it is rotated counter-clockwise when I go to fullscreen mode.

So, problem solved I guess! Thanks again.

You're welcome shmuppet ! ^^ Its good to know that it worked, enjoy FBA!

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:33:01 AM by CaptainCPS-X »