Author Topic: Bang Bang Busters AES Release  (Read 11467 times)

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
Bang Bang Busters AES Release
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »
No i 'm not joking or kidding...Neo Conception International licensed by Visco will release this game in december 2010 in Japan. This game is limited to 100 pieces (a few have been already pre-ordered in Japan for 399$ and now closed). US AES release will start on april 2011 (this time orders will be open to all : the price is not yet fixed)

Packaging :

Screenshots "In Game" :

Official artwork :

Yeah, this is one of the famous neogeo prototype Xacrow should have and which has never been released (like many protos and/or ROMs Xacrow may should have but hoarded)

http://www.bang2busters.com/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:23:16 AM by JacKc »

Offline KaNyErO

Re: Bang Bang Busters AES Release
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »
With such a limited release (and if it´s really official) i think the game wont be dumped or added to mame anytime soon.

Anyway iirc, this game has year 2000 Copyright, xacrow`s dump has 1994 copyright and the text font was a little different.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:42:53 PM by KaNyErO »

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
It's normal as "Xacrow's dump" is supposed to be a dump based on the 1994 proto...Since Visco has made some work on their own game source...that's why it's a 2000 copyright as this release is already a complete and finished game and not a proto.

Offline Haze

• MAME Devs
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »
It's normal as "Xacrow's dump" is supposed to be a dump based on the 1994 proto...Since Visco has made some work on their own game source...that's why it's a 2000 copyright as this release is already a complete and finished game and not a proto.

What I heard before was that it was between this and Zupapa at the time Zupapa was finally released.  That would be why it has the slightly odd date of 2000 rather than the expected 1994 because they'd polished it up a bit for a potential release.

SNK chose Zupapa because they felt it was the better game.

It's a little stupid that they've chosen to show MVS mode screenshots / videos for an AES release, although hopefully it means they've left the MVS code untouched for the release, I don't expect it to be a very good game tho, Visco were pretty poor, especially back in 1994.