Author Topic: I need some libraries for MS SDK for AVI recording [help]  (Read 5166 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
I need some libraries for MS SDK for AVI recording [help]
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
Hi there! has been a while since my last post here ^^ ...

Im working on FBA again to get my personal build updated, as well i decided to make the last FB Alpha Plus! build compiled with MS SDK and VC++8 but i need some libraries for the avi recording... i have the ones that IQ_132 posted some time back...

*avi_sh**.zip (lol)

- lib/libavicap32.a
- lib/libavifil32.a
- lib/libmsvfw32.a

- include/mmreg.h
- include/msacm.h
- include/vfw.h

I dont have probs compiling in MinGW at all, and i have compiled the regular FBA with the MSSDK and VC++8 environment, my problem are just the libraries for Microsoft SDK and VC++8...

- avifil32.lib
- msvfw32.lib

i dont find this 2 libs anywhere on the net.. if somebody could help me i will be happy =)

btw, i tryied renaming the other libraries for mingw and it compiles fine but when i try to record avi 'Boom!' the app crash X__X so that doesnt help

ThanX in advance for the help! ^^

SeeYaa!!
 :biggrin:

Offline Leaf

Re: I need some libraries for MS SDK for AVI recording [help]
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
Hi, CaptainCPS-X, I'm glad to see you again. :D
If you want to build with VC, you only need to include the library "vfw32.Lib".

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:30:33 AM »
Hi there Leaf ^^ i still remember the help you provided some time back, and like always ThanX man :wink:
...I will try right away the vfw32.lib ( I'll post back if the build / binary succeded ^^ )

btw, Im happy to see you too Leaf :biggrin:

SeeYaa!!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »
Im back, and the 'vfw32.lib' works for AVI Capture compiled with VC  :biggrin:

I made a VC++8 compilation of the last FB Alpha Plus! [u7] release by FerchogtX, and now it have the DirectX9 Experimental Blitter option enabled...and the avi recording is fixed now that i compiled this build with the correct library for VC...

..now the prob for recording avi is that the Record function may be rewrited just a bit to work with DirectX9 Experimental Blitter, ...
why?..well, because i noticed (in my case) that when a game is loaded and the Record AVI is activated..the config window comes and then we press ok and all...but nothing is hapening, if we check again the option to see if is Record AVI activated, it is not! X__X

So, I started to check again, i closed FBAP!, went to the avi directory and deleted the video file that has of course '0 Kb' (in this case mvsc.avi)...

Again, i ran FBAP! and loaded MvsC and before doing the recording i did this: Change Blitter to Enhanced > Start Recording > Stop Recording > Change Blitter to DX9 Experimental > Start Recording and *BLING*... recording is now fine with DX9 Blitter LOL

now that's why i think the AVI Recording functions have to be updated a bit...

I will be trying to make the AVI Recording work fine with the DirectX9 Experimental Blitter and post a new build of the last FB Alpha Plus! [u7] by FerchogtX, just for the ones that want to use the DX9 Exp. Blitter  :smilie:

When i finish that probably I will be working in a FBA build (something like the one that i was working some time back, called then MG-FBA), now of course it will have another name and will be using the latest FBA SRC but with all the extras and some new ones :smilie:

SeeYaa!!

PD: (sorry if i confused anyone with my explanation of the AVI Recording prob lol, I try my best writing English, my orig lang is Spanish  :p)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 11:42:55 AM by CaptainCPS-X »