Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760872 times)

Online dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #870 on: April 17, 2016, 08:56:38 AM »
My fault, I was sure that this core was enabled by default (I remembered wrong)... an advantage of assembly 68k core could be a greater execution speed using the older systems, like computers based on Intel Pentium (P5*) or AMD K6 CPUs (but today, probably, nobody uses these systems to perform an arcade/console emulation).

My computer is a Pentium 4, and I don't see a benefit to using a68k... except for the special cases I've mentioned earlier.  These days you don't need to have much luck to find a much-better computer at the side of the road on garbage-day.  :)

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #871 on: April 17, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
My computer is a Pentium 4, and I don't see a benefit to using a68k... except for the special cases I've mentioned earlier.  These days you don't need to have much luck to find a much-better computer at the side of the road on garbage-day.  :)

So, I'm not the only who still use a P4 instead of multi-core. I still have Windows XP installed because there is nothing that require Win7 and I want to use it. XD

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #872 on: April 24, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »
Sega Master System Brawl added to the Megadrive stuffs

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #873 on: April 24, 2016, 08:59:20 AM »
Also fixed sound in Porkys - you know, that game where you are a pig driving a car, and you have to shoot bacon at wolves.  :biggrin:
Some people often ask, why do we sometimes forget things in the whatsnew file...  well, the answer is simple.

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #874 on: April 24, 2016, 08:59:14 PM »
A month ago I saw Vetea was working on a new game - Bomb on Basic City - starring Papi from Papi Commando, I thought some day I'll get around to adding it to FBAlpha.   Tonight I saw that he added a level where you get to blow up a ZX Spectrum, so I immediately added it to our favorite emulator... :)

Vetea's dev-forum-*log: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/251258-new-homebrew-genesis-game-bomb-on-basic-city/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:51:59 AM by dink »

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #875 on: April 26, 2016, 09:40:55 PM »
So, I'm not the only who still use a P4 instead of multi-core. I still have Windows XP installed because there is nothing that require Win7 and I want to use it. XD

This is exactly the same reason for me. :)  Here's a funny bit of info...  I know someone (personally) who's highlight of the year with computers is to buy and install a new version of MS Windows - then talk about it for a month afterwards, get bored, then put away their computer until the next version of MS Windows.   I'm not kidding, at all.

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #876 on: April 27, 2016, 08:50:29 AM »
Robert,
Eek, thanks for the heads-up on sharesend.  I'm using ublock with firefox, so it could be possible that there is some uncool stuff hidden in that page and I'm just not seeing it.  I attached the pd-rom to the original message (up above) and also added a link to the authors dev-page.

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #877 on: April 28, 2016, 08:18:25 PM »
On a suggestion from iq_132, I did a FBA-driver for Cheeky Mouse.  After getting everything finished and up & running, I was kinda bummed to find out that the game was silent - aside from a little start jingle.  What fun is a silent game, anyways.. no sfx or anything..?  That had to change.  I hooked up some simple samples of mouse noises and other blurps and blips so classic gaming fans can enjoy a nice game, full of blips and blurps. (and mousey-noises in general - especially those of mice getting smashed with an 80s-era digital hammer.)
Note: I wasn't going to try to match the original pcb's sounds 1:1, for that we can find someone with a pcb and do a high quality recording.  But in the meantime, this is what I came up with.  [watch the video and listen...]

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie8Xd4oKQ1w

Grab the bottom attachment: cheekyms.zip, and put it in your "fba folder\support\samples" folder to stay ahead of the game & be ready for the next release :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:25:22 PM by dink »

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #878 on: April 29, 2016, 01:45:59 AM »
Excellent work! ;)

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #879 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:40 PM »
4 new classic games for FBA: Yamato, Crazy Climber, Guzzler and Swimmer.  Click the pics to make them the right size.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #880 on: May 12, 2016, 12:54:29 AM »
4 new good additions... thanks! :) Especially Sega Yamato (maybe I'm a "little bit biased" ! :P )

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #881 on: May 13, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »
@dink 4 more for the pot nice job you did wiht these ones

Offline Pityesz

• Ultimate Knight
« Reply #882 on: May 14, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
I start with the fact, there is no problem with the game itself. The Shadow Force is fixed, I finished the game and even recorded it with Bandicam.

But the Shadow Force versions are messed up. The new dump works good, but the clones requires the old dump. The emulator also can't recognize the Japanese version. This isn't a problem, but it would be good if the emulator can start the clones with the new dump.

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #883 on: May 14, 2016, 07:59:27 PM »
I start with the fact, there is no problem with the game itself. The Shadow Force is fixed, I finished the game and even recorded it with Bandicam.

But the Shadow Force versions are messed up. The new dump works good, but the clones requires the old dump. The emulator also can't recognize the Japanese version. This isn't a problem, but it would be good if the emulator can start the clones with the new dump.

Pityesz: JacKc, the guy in charge of the parent/clones up-to-date, will need to have a look at this, I noticed our roms were kinda funky in this regard, also.  Thanks for letting us know & reminding me :)

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:01:29 PM by dink »

Online dink

• Administrator
« Reply #884 on: May 14, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
Some new games, this time from Orca:
Zodiack, The Bounty, The Percussor, Dog Fight & Mogu Chan.  Regarding Mogu Chan...this is a weirdly-excellent little game and the reason I did this one.