Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 159122 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #495 on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:47 AM »
@Dink - The cheat dat won't work with the Midway titles for e.g. the Mortal kombat games and T2 arcade etc ?

they should work fine now :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline the_maq

« Reply #496 on: April 09, 2021, 08:20:56 PM »
they should work fine now :)

best regards,
- dink
Cheers :cool:

Offline fastpop72

« Reply #497 on: April 13, 2021, 05:20:43 AM »
Contra (contra)

Seems the "bullets&rollers" going in the right corner has been fixed today in Mame. Here's the pull request: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/pull/7951

FBNeo has the same bug.

Thanks.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #498 on: April 13, 2021, 09:40:27 AM »
@fastpop72 thanks for letting us know, we just backported it

Offline fastpop72

« Reply #499 on: April 13, 2021, 11:46:15 AM »
@fastpop72 thanks for letting us know, we just backported it

Cool!!! Quick fix! I love you all FBNeo staff!

Offline Neildark

« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2021, 04:31:40 AM »
Hello. I do not know if it has been commented before, but in Wizard Fire (Over Sea v2.1), in some levels the transparencies do not work when you use 'Blitter Option' Direct x9Alt and any xBR filter (the best for 2D games). Greetings.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2021, 09:11:46 AM »
fastpop72 thanks :)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2021, 09:16:18 AM »
Neildark,
That's an unfortunate side-effect of some effects, xBR runs at 16bpp, and in order to do alpha transparencies (in an efficient manner) the system needs 32bpp.

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #503 on: April 19, 2021, 02:24:14 AM »
For some reason vertically aligned games such a Moon Cresta and Ms.Pac Man are displayed upside down on my laptop pc (Windows 8 64 bit) I've tried disabling 'rotate vertically aligned games' , tried different resolutions with no avail
The issue only occurs when I'm on basic blitter (Direct Draw) mode , other modes don't have this problem

The thing is , I can use basic blitter without such issue on my old Windows XP 32 bit computer (FBNeo 1.0.0 version XP Build)

Any ideas on the issue ?

Edit:I noticed another vertical game , Mr.Do runs fine without this problem

Games on Pacman hardware and Moon Cresta seems to be effected by the issue

Best regards
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:44:40 AM by ClessxAlghazanth »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #504 on: April 19, 2021, 04:31:15 AM »
@ClessxAlghazanth : "FBNeo 1.0.0" doesn't look like a proper version from our buildbot, where did you download this ? Make sure you download FBNeo from https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build. Anyway, about your issue, those games are flipped when emulated, and we use hardware acceleration from the gpu to unflip them, so it looks like something might be wrong with hardware acceleration on your laptop.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:32:19 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #505 on: April 19, 2021, 09:01:06 AM »
ClessxAlghazanth, Some video drivers don't support hardware flipping in directdraw, so this is why some vertical games aren't properly flipped using the basic blitter.  To overcome this, use the Enhanced Blitter - it works fine in WinXP, it should work perfectly in WinXP - I use this one on my XP machine.

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #506 on: April 19, 2021, 06:27:36 PM »
@ClessxAlghazanth : "FBNeo 1.0.0" doesn't look like a proper version from our buildbot, where did you download this ? Make sure you download FBNeo from https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build. Anyway, about your issue, those games are flipped when emulated, and we use hardware acceleration from the gpu to unflip them, so it looks like something might be wrong with hardware acceleration on your laptop.

Thanks , I see :) I'll check my video driver acceleration settings

I have downloaded the build from the github (official release)

ClessxAlghazanth, Some video drivers don't support hardware flipping in directdraw, so this is why some vertical games aren't properly flipped using the basic blitter.  To overcome this, use the Enhanced Blitter - it works fine in WinXP, it should work perfectly in WinXP - I use this one on my XP machine.

best regards,
- dink

I tried using enhanced blitter , but while it works fine at most times , some vector games such as Black Widow and Tag Scan run like in slow motion with it :(

I guess checking and updating the video drivers and changing the blitter according to the game would be the best thing to do :)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:33:47 PM by ClessxAlghazanth »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #507 on: April 19, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »
Thanks , I see :) I'll check my video driver acceleration settings

I tried using enhanced blitter , but while it works fine at most times , some vector games such as Black Widow and Tag Scan run like in slow motion with it :(

I think it might be down to the blitter settings.  Care to try something?  Choose the Enhanced Blitter, load Black Widow and then go to "Video -> Blitter Options -> Disable all effects".  If that doesn't help, try toggling "Video -> Blitter Options -> Advanced Settings -> use DirectX Texture Management" and "Video -> Blitter Options -> Advanced Settings -> Force 16bit emulation".  For these options you might have to restart FBNeo to notice any effect.  If neither of those help, could you try pressing backspace while Black Widow is open and observe the fps counter at the top-right of the screen?  What kinda fps do you get with basic and enh. blitters? 

You might also try the latest cutting-edge version of FBNeo @ https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build
Ignore the 2019 release date on that page, a robot updates the files in the links many times a day :)

*edit* I remember on my WinXP machine, I had to run without vsync, so you might also try toggling "Video -> Enable Vsync (windowed)" if none of the above methods help.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:34:21 PM by dink »

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #508 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:30 PM »
I think it might be down to the blitter settings.  Care to try something?  Choose the Enhanced Blitter, load Black Widow and then go to "Video -> Blitter Options -> Disable all effects".  If that doesn't help, try toggling "Video -> Blitter Options -> Advanced Settings -> use DirectX Texture Management" and "Video -> Blitter Options -> Advanced Settings -> Force 16bit emulation".  For these options you might have to restart FBNeo to notice any effect.  If neither of those help, could you try pressing backspace while Black Widow is open and observe the fps counter at the top-right of the screen?  What kinda fps do you get with basic and enh. blitters? 

You might also try the latest cutting-edge version of FBNeo @ https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/tag/appveyor-build
Ignore the 2019 release date on that page, a robot updates the files in the links many times a day :)

*edit* I remember on my WinXP machine, I had to run without vsync, so you might also try toggling "Video -> Enable Vsync (windowed)" if none of the above methods help.

best regards,
- dink

Thank you !

I tried using the enh blitter with all effects disabled and while it works at full speed with windowed mode , it lagged badly on fs mode

I messed around a bit more with the options and found out that regardless of the blitter mode , every game I tried runs in slow motion with Fullscreen Mode with triple buffering enabled (both basic and enh blitter modes run fullspeed with triple buffering turned off , except for vector games)

But with enh blitter mode , even I disable all effects (regardless of triple buffer on or off) Black Widow runs around 20 fps :(

So , use basic blitter for almost everything , and switch to enh blitter for Pacman hardware games and Terra Cresta (unless they are upside down)

I have attached screens for reference

Btw can I just replace the executable in my FBNeo folder in order to use the cutting edge build ? Would I need to audit my roms with clrmamepro ?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:12:29 PM by ClessxAlghazanth »

Offline Al82

• Newbies
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2021, 09:19:19 AM »
I think there's a display bug in Zero Team USA - the player sprite always seems to display over the top of other sprites; I compared to a recent version of MAME, which doesn't have the problem (comparison shot included). An older version of MAME does have the same problem, which suggests some kind of fix for the driver was implemented recently.

There's also a problem with the second boss who leaps on top of the I-beam girders; he leaps on top of one girder, but then randomly appears on top of another (could be related to first problem I guess). I've attached a save state.