Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 159107 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
Hi Al82,
The "zeroteam" version of zeroteam has some pretty big protection issues and it's one reason why I left it stay buggy like that.  (check the game Notes:)  The clones under it "New Zero Team" and "Zero Team 2000" are perfect though, and not much different from the parent, so I recommend using one of those.  I think one of those clones is exactly the same as "zeroteam", but one has a different level order.  I can't remember which, though!

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2021, 10:57:49 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug but foreign (Japanese) text in history.dat is not displayed correctly (I'm running W8 in Japanese so language support shouldn't be the issue , I suppose ?)

Best regards

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:35 PM »
Jumping Pop (set 1) gives and guru meditation error and doesn't run (same for set 2)

Attached screens for reference

Best regards

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2021, 11:58:41 PM »
Hi,
Regarding the Jumping Pop crash (guru meditation error), can you please try with a current version of FBNeo (1.0.0.01-git version from today).
I think this problem was already fixed since the 1.0.0 release.

Download at:
WinXP version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-xp-gcc.7z

Win7+ version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

These links will always download the absolute latest version (compiled about 3 hours ago).

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2021, 07:39:47 PM »
Hi,
Regarding the Jumping Pop crash (guru meditation error), can you please try with a current version of FBNeo (1.0.0.01-git version from today).
I think this problem was already fixed since the 1.0.0 release.

Download at:
WinXP version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-xp-gcc.7z

Win7+ version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

These links will always download the absolute latest version (compiled about 3 hours ago).

best regards,
- dink

I've just downloaded the latest 1.0.0.01 build from github but guru meditation error is still there :(

Offline the_maq

« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2021, 08:25:01 PM »
Same problem here - mines is Windows 7 ??
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:47:22 PM by the_maq »

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »
RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

Player 1 accumulates EXP at a much lower rate than player 2, regardless of player ability. I finished a play through and never got past EXP level 3, whereas player 2 was at level 5 well before the ending. Player 1 was a 41 year old "gamer" and player 2 was a 9 year old, for reference.

I would attach a photo or save state, but I am not sure how it would actually help.

Thank you for all of your hard work, guys.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »
I've just downloaded the latest 1.0.0.01 build from github but guru meditation error is still there :(

Hi,
Please download again and try, problem is fixed now :)  (if not, wait 15 minutes and download again, bot needs to finish compiling)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2021, 09:17:09 PM »
RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

Player 1 accumulates EXP at a much lower rate than player 2, regardless of player ability. I finished a play through and never got past EXP level 3, whereas player 2 was at level 5 well before the ending. Player 1 was a 41 year old "gamer" and player 2 was a 9 year old, for reference.

I would attach a photo or save state, but I am not sure how it would actually help.

Thank you for all of your hard work, guys.

Hi,
Can you erasing the nvram and try again?  I wonder if some sort of rank got saved.  I know games like Battle Garegga does this.  Also could you try a game in mame to see if the same thing happens there?
It's the only thing I can think of to try to narrow down the issue.

thanks,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2021, 09:41:52 PM »
Hi,
Please download again and try, problem is fixed now :)  (if not, wait 15 minutes and download again, bot needs to finish compiling)

best regards,
- dink

Wow , that was quick once again !  :wink:

Do I have to download after this button on the github page turn to green ?

I redownloaded the latest build and voila ! I can finally play Jumping Pop on my favourite emulator  :cool:

Although the game is more or less a rip-off of Data East's Tumble Pop , I like the game because I actually knew this game before discovering the original  :p
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 10:07:17 PM by ClessxAlghazanth »

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2021, 11:34:44 PM »
Some problems with these updates (I don't know which one exactly):

Super contra: Intermittent sound quite annoying. Then it gives the following message:

Shinobi: Shinobi: As soon as it starts, it gives an error or you hear that intermittent sound:

Funky Jet: The same as in "super contra" or simply does not start and then this message appears:

Tumble Pop: Same as in super contra and "funky jet" or sometimes it doesn't go beyond the Data East screen. It always gives this error:

I have not tried other games, but I went back to a previous update and the above mentioned problems disappeared. In this one there are no problems:

I use the xp version

greetings
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:42:50 PM by Pelucon8 »

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #521 on: April 27, 2021, 12:29:17 AM »
@Dink

RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

I cleared the NVRAM for the game and the issue still persists. I played through mame 0.139 and the "issue" is also there.

Player 1 simply does not level up as quickly as player 2. Perhaps it was built that way into the game?

I have play tested through the first 4 levels with both players several times, with the same ship, and get the same results, unless I am missing something...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: April 27, 2021, 01:30:26 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug but foreign (Japanese) text in history.dat is not displayed correctly (I'm running W8 in Japanese so language support shouldn't be the issue , I suppose ?)

Best regards

This is fixed now, thanks for the report :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #523 on: April 27, 2021, 01:31:20 AM »
Some problems with these updates (I don't know which one exactly):

Please re-download & try again, an old bug was uncovered while fixing something in the ym2151 which caused these crashes.

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: April 27, 2021, 01:36:44 AM »
@Dink

RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

I cleared the NVRAM for the game and the issue still persists. I played through mame 0.139 and the "issue" is also there.

Player 1 simply does not level up as quickly as player 2. Perhaps it was built that way into the game?

I have play tested through the first 4 levels with both players several times, with the same ship, and get the same results, unless I am missing something...

Hmm, curious!  I will have to do some research on this one.

best regards,
- dink