Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158746 times)

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #825 on: June 11, 2022, 08:18:14 PM »
Hi Nick Reynolds,
Trackball is now hooked up to wally and the 3p version, please give them a try when you get a chance.

best regards,
- dink
Awesome work. Thank you! Not only did the trackball controls work, I was also able to play the game online with two friends. Despite some unusual issues getting the game in sync at the start, I was able to play through the entire game.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #826 on: June 11, 2022, 08:32:29 PM »
Nick, That's good :)
Can you explain the sync issues, maybe I can fix them!

best regards,
- dink

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #827 on: June 11, 2022, 10:25:58 PM »
Nick, That's good :)
Can you explain the sync issues, maybe I can fix them!

best regards,
- dink
It may be tricky to replicate. The idea was that one of my two friends would always be out of sync when starting up online, and it wasn't consistently the same player, so I don't think anyone had incorrect settings. Also, the other games I recently played online all worked correctly. Before posting this, I ran 3 copies of the game on the same PC on a Kaillera server, and I wasn't able to see any desync.

I had recently compiled a build which doesn't disable "restore full state on load" when using Kaillera, so I used a state at the start of the game to get past the sync problem. I find that the feature has around a 50% chance of loading the state in sync online for all players, but if it doesn't load correctly the first time, I can just start up the game again.

Offline Al82

• Newbies
« Reply #828 on: June 12, 2022, 12:04:10 PM »
Came across what could be a bug in Power Instinct 2 (USA, ver. 94/04/08) - the girl's face is obscured by the character portraits, with her mouth clipping in and out.

Save state attached  :smilie:

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #829 on: June 12, 2022, 12:23:15 PM »
Came across what could be a bug in Power Instinct 2 (USA, ver. 94/04/08) - the girl's face is obscured by the character portraits, with her mouth clipping in and out.

Save state attached  :smilie:

If i'm not mistaken, this issue was reported and fixed just the other day, please make sure you are using our latest build from https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/releases/tag/latest.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #830 on: June 12, 2022, 08:06:10 PM »
al82 thanks for the bug report, please refer to this message from a few days back:
https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3647.msg34119#msg34119
Basically at this point we're not sure if it isn't a bug in the actual pcb version of the game, because we can't find any footage of the game running from pcb at the ending scene.

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #831 on: June 13, 2022, 01:27:59 AM »
It may be tricky to replicate. The idea was that one of my two friends would always be out of sync when starting up online, and it wasn't consistently the same player, so I don't think anyone had incorrect settings. Also, the other games I recently played online all worked correctly. Before posting this, I ran 3 copies of the game on the same PC on a Kaillera server, and I wasn't able to see any desync.

I had recently compiled a build which doesn't disable "restore full state on load" when using Kaillera, so I used a state at the start of the game to get past the sync problem. I find that the feature has around a 50% chance of loading the state in sync online for all players, but if it doesn't load correctly the first time, I can just start up the game again.

Hi Nick Reynolds,
After doing a bit of debugging I found the sources of the desync issue. 
If you find other games that have this issue with Kaillera, please let me know and I'll try my best to make a fix for them.

best regards,
- dink

Offline littlebear

« Reply #832 on: June 13, 2022, 04:11:52 PM »
A lots of system 16a games are not working since the last2 update.

Thank you.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #833 on: June 13, 2022, 05:40:44 PM »
littlebear, thanks, it's a work-in-progress, should be back to normal in a few minutes! :)

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 05:56:38 PM by dink »

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #834 on: June 13, 2022, 06:20:22 PM »
JoelH is there any information about what's going on, maybe in the log file?  Which games cause this every time?

best regards,
- dink

Sorry about the wait, I've been busy with other things.

Games that have crashed the most often (like literally every time I've tried them) are Raiden II/DX, 99 The Last War, and Labyrinth Runner. There may be more out there as Pac-Man did it to me once too.

Nothing in the logs at all.

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2022, 08:14:54 PM »
Hi Nick Reynolds,
After doing a bit of debugging I found the sources of the desync issue. 
If you find other games that have this issue with Kaillera, please let me know and I'll try my best to make a fix for them.

best regards,
- dink
Wow, I really didn't expect a fix for that particular issue. Thanks for fixing it. I don't anticipate running into desyncs in other games, but I will let you know if I find anything.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #836 on: June 13, 2022, 09:09:42 PM »
Wow, I really didn't expect a fix for that particular issue. Thanks for fixing it. I don't anticipate running into desyncs in other games, but I will let you know if I find anything.

You're welcome!

The thing is, if it desyncs in Kaillera it will also desync with the input recording feature (Game -> Replay).  I know how frustrating it can be using either feature and it goes out of sync, so now a-days I put a high priority on fixing this kind of problem.

best regards,
- dink

Offline sjy96525

« Reply #837 on: June 20, 2022, 11:11:54 AM »
I play the Wolf Fang -Kuhga 2001- (Japan) has a Japanese Text at attract mode is cropped.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:14:11 AM by sjy96525 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #838 on: June 20, 2022, 11:59:38 PM »
I play the Wolf Fang -Kuhga 2001- (Japan) has a Japanese Text at attract mode is cropped.

Thanks for your bug report, problem is fixed! :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #839 on: June 21, 2022, 02:09:13 PM »
Update on my little problem, looks like it was just bad roms at least in the case of Raiden II. That's a relief.