Author Topic: split topic : lightgun issues  (Read 10509 times)

Offline StormedBubbles

• Newbies
Re: split topic : lightgun issues
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2022, 03:01:24 PM »
Hey again,

starwars is one that I'm having a little difficulty with. In the Libretro version, I am allowed to use a lightgun in place of the analog control, but the cursor is always below true aim. It also may have a bit of a scaling issue on the X axis. It's a little hard to tell. Was this one of those games where you had to move the yoke around to calibrate upon startup? I seem to be getting some inconsistent results.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2022, 01:17:40 AM »
Probably another scaling problem, i'll look into this soon

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2022, 08:26:06 AM »
Adjusting this driver for usage with a lightgun is causing one problem after another, and ultimately leads to the game being unplayable at hires with a normal controller.
So i won't fix that one.

Offline StormedBubbles

• Newbies
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2022, 02:37:06 PM »
Okay; I understand. Thank you for checking it out.

Offline StormedBubbles

• Newbies
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2022, 02:21:21 PM »
Circling back to Lucky & Wild...

The mixed controls work great! One thing that I didn't notice before is that player 2 has some strange offset behavior from the lightgun cursor. I think it may be a similar situation to Jurassic Park where this was done purposely on real hardware to counteract the position of the second mounted gun. The cursor has good alignment inside vertical strips on the very left and right edges of the screen. In between, there's a large zone where the cursor has what appears to be a constant offset to the right of where you're aiming. The transitions among these zones are smooth, so, for example, if you start at the left edge of the screen and move right, the cursor will slowly make it to that constant offset and stay that way until you transition back to good alignment on the far-right edge of the screen. Player 1's alignment is good all around the screen.