Author Topic: Capcom roms inside Street Fighter 6  (Read 3556 times)

Offline SirVH

Capcom roms inside Street Fighter 6
« on: May 21, 2023, 04:33:23 PM »
In the new Street Fighter 6, there are some arcade machines in the lobby which you can play some old games. First day was Final Fight, and today was Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

I'm pretty sure, at least the ssf2t rom they use is new, because they changed (again) the Hong Kong flag and censors the Rising Sun in E-Honda's stage. I wonder if the other roms will also be different and if we will be able to extract and add them to FBA.

I will try my luck with this tutorial: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=2902

Edit: Looks like you cannot pick Akuma in this version either. I tried to extract the files using the method in the link above, but could not find any roms, or anything that could remember a rom.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:27:01 PM by SirVH »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Capcom roms inside Street Fighter 6
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 08:20:08 PM »
Wow, neat!
I wonder if they encrypted the roms to make it a little tricky to find?

I remember once extracting a nes rom, which was only released on physical cartridge and on a Windows emulator with the game embedded so that it looked like a native windows game.  After freezing the process and dumping the memory about 100 times, I finally found the nes header ("NES\x1a") using a binary search on the dump.  The appl. removed the nes header from the rom right after decrypting it and loading it into the emulator. 

Anyhow, good luck!

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 08:28:34 PM by dink »

Offline 7zxkv

Re: Capcom roms inside Street Fighter 6
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 06:00:44 AM »
I would not be surprised if "moo" (here) was used again, in this case it is likely that it is a patching directly in memory applied to a standard roms that we probably already have (like samsho5 FE, SF30TH etc).