Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Recording input at slower cpu speed has problem when play back

(1/3) > >>

norman0093:
Hello everyone,

I'm using FinalBurn Neo v1.0.0.02.

I want to record some games at 50% of cpu speed to make a kind of TAS.

Everything's fine during the recording, but when I replay it at normal cpu speed, the inputs are always out of sync (it's ok when I play back at same cpu speed).

Did I miss some settings or it's just what it is?

Any advice or help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: norman0093 on June 17, 2022, 06:01:22 AM ---it's just what it is?

--- End quote ---

Indeed, it can't be in sync if you are running different number of cycles when replaying.

dink:
The cpu % option is more for games that use mysterious wait-states that haven't been figured out yet, for example:
cv1000, and maybe a few cps-1/2 games.  It doesn't work on a lot of games, such as those that sync w/interrupts or sync to vdp.

I have an idea for a tas feature where input recordings would actually work, and it would work with -every- game:
An option to slow down the framerate, and some macro keys to select between like 25/50/75/100%

I've been thinking about how to impl. this for several years now.  Might have to do some experiments soon!

best regards,
- dink

Neildark:
Well, it would be great, there are many fans of FBNeo who do TAS and upload our games to YouTube, and any new option is always welcome ;) In this aspect, it is one of the most intuitive emulators. A greeting, and as always thanks for your work  :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS: Hopefully one day you can solve the synchronization problems that the Neo Geo Cd system had when replaying Recording input...  :wink:

norman0093:
Thank you very much for the responses.

Now I know the reason clearly, and hope FBNeo will have that feature soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version