Author Topic: Data East WIP  (Read 7419 times)

kev

Data East WIP
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »
As the offical FBA forum has vanished I thought it might be worth posting these here. Robocop is playable to the end but is missing sound and the non-bootleg versions need a bit of FBA debugger magic to get into gameplay but i'm getting there.

Bad dudes has a few more graphics problems than robocop and I have had to patch the protection due to a non-emulated cpu. Midnight resistance and sly spy are going to be added next, then i am going to rewrite the graphics code and add the extra cpu emulator to FBA.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: Data East WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »
Good news KEV! keep up the good work ^^

and about the FBA forum, i hope it comes back T__T...

SeeYaa!!
^^

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:04:22 AM »
Good stuff Kev. Don't know what happened to the forums - Loop's site has gone from that address too.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline KaNyErO

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:05:30 AM »
LOL! awesome !

i was wondering if it were possible to add support for nebula/kawaks transparencies tables to this emulator, I think that transparencies and neogeo cd emulation are the main missing options in this emulator.

Btw do you think it´s possible to add igs pgm emulation? It seems it uses a 68000 processor too:

Motorola 68000 processor, clocked at 20.000MHz, for main code Z80 processor, clocked at 8.468MHz, for sound code. Resolution is 448x224, 15 bit color. Sound system is ICS WaveFront 2115 Wavetable midi synthesizer, used in some actual sound cards (Turtle Beach).

Thanks a lot.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »
Fantastic :)  Good news Kev!

Also, welcome :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:43:58 AM by iq_132 »

kev

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »
Fantastic :)  Good news Kev!

Also, welcome :)

Thanks. :)

LOL! awesome !

i was wondering if it were possible to add support for nebula/kawaks transparencies tables to this emulator, I think that transparencies and neogeo cd emulation are the main missing options in this emulator.

Making something render transparently is not that hard, the difficult bit is adding a extra lookup for each system without making a mess of all the rendering code for each system. No something I am interested in really, as I prefer the games to look as they did when they came out, for the most part.

Btw do you think it´s possible to add igs pgm emulation? It seems it uses a 68000 processor too:

Motorola 68000 processor, clocked at 20.000MHz, for main code Z80 processor, clocked at 8.468MHz, for sound code. Resolution is 448x224, 15 bit color. Sound system is ICS WaveFront 2115 Wavetable midi synthesizer, used in some actual sound cards (Turtle Beach).

Thanks a lot.

This would be possible, and quite cool. I have skeleton driver for a PGM game but its missing just about everything. Maybe when I have finished Data East 0 games, unless someone beats me to it. :)

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
It's awesome to see someone working so intensely with FBA! Worderful job so far, Kev!

I'm sure you're not taking requests at this point, but is there a possibility of you working on Metamoqester, the Cave driver? I believe it must be very close to Sailor Moon's set up. Of course, only if it won't deviate you from your current goals.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:27 AM »
It's awesome to see someone working so intensely with FBA! Worderful job so far, Kev!

I'm sure you're not taking requests at this point, but is there a possibility of you working on Metamoqester, the Cave driver? I believe it must be very close to Sailor Moon's set up. Of course, only if it won't deviate you from your current goals.

Hi there ^^, about Metamoqester... i started doing a basic driver for it when i looked at this post (curiosity got me  :p), just to check if something came up, and well, it loads the roms fine but the screen remains black ( I was expecting something like that btw lol ),...i think it need some work hehe, but it maybe easy for the FBA Team :smilie:

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Death Metal

• Crimson Blade
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 03:42:58 PM »
Yeah, same for me. I actually used the Sailor Moon driver with Metamoqester rom names and it behaves exactly as you described. Then again, I have no programming skills for this at all, lol.