Miscellaneous > Projects

The Generator now does Nebula/Kawaks dat files :)

<< < (6/6)

iq_132:
Well, I may try to re-code it in C.  It shouldn't be too hard.  I might take the source code for a similar project and try to go from there (that would make it much easier).

As for being able to automatically make a driver for "any" game, this is kind of silly.  It's much too compicated and involved of a process to do automatically.  It's quite complicated just to make it do neo-geo games.

Thanks for the support though ;)

James33:
all i have to do is right click on the roms (unzipped)and i get my crc values that way then all i do is copy them to the gen and its done
--- Quote from: GizM ---Is it possible to Re--write in C/C++? When it is finished of course. How hard would this be? Can you add a SHA! MD5, CRC reader in it. So you could just have the read path set to the specific rom. Have it read it and put the sha1 crc amd md5 hash values in the corect pace in the Driver Write? I am sure it can be done ( everything can be done). You could Zip to read the actual  rom then unzip itself then read the properties of each bin inside. Get the info send and write it to out part of the driver write.

I am sure it maybe eaiser to write it the way you are thinking now (by hand), but for convince of the user the latter would be nicer. I am sure there is other free compression tool other than winzip that you could use.

I hope i am not over stepping my bounds with this question.I could just see good things for the "underground" scene happening with a program of this sort! It could even go further with the future abillities of creating the actual creating of a whole driver. Even if it just made for tha specific rom/Game. With that bring a posiblity then making a "driver addition" or even the whole driver for rom that are not just for NeoGeo.

Well i will stop rambeling, These are just some thought on what would be nice! I am sure this would be a long ongoing proccess. It would take lots of time and even more knowlege. I am not a real programer by any means. But i read alot f*** around even more and i pay attention to what is going on.
I would love to do what ever i could to make these sugestion a reality.

This of course could happen and would have already happen but because of the tight hold Mame has on it's comuntiy. Also how mame is all about the Authentic replication of  arcade BLA BLA. **( Even though there code is backed with Hacks and tweeks to get things going) ,,, SHUSH they don't want yo to know that!****Bla Bla. ANyways it could be done !!!

Thanks for the time you toke to read this post
~GizM~
--- End quote ---

FerchogtX:
Also use ClrMAMEPro, you can get CRC's without unzipping, and even SHA1.
See ya!!!! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version