Author Topic: Sneak Peek  (Read 8060 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Sneak Peek
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »
WARNING! SNEAK PEEK!

I'm not authorized to show this stuff  :cool: but I take my chances xDDD LOL, nah don't worry guys just take a look at what's coming soon for FB Alpha!, at least for the burner interface, if everything goes fine ^^ ...

Here is my WIP list:

Burner:
   - Jukebox big update, features at this moment are:
      * Basic Controls: Play, Stop, Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, First Track, Last Track
      * User friendly interface including mouse over effects in buttons.
      * Dynamic scroll on item change.
      * Sound Logging available from the Jukebox
      * DSP Low-Pass filter available from the Jukebox
      * Dual track lists format support: .LST, .DAT
      * Enhanced support for UTF-8 track lists
      * Add custom tracks to any of the track lists
      * Save changes to any of the track lists (check note)
      * Instant Reload support for both track lists formats.
      * Title preview (auto title download ready)  of the loaded game
      * Game information of the loaded game

Note:   Changes saved to .LST tracklist are basic and FBA compatible,
         no track duration or any comments on the original track list is saved,
         so I cannot ensure the saved file will be handled well by M1 emulator or
         any other application that uses them.

- Favorites module remade, now information is loaded from FBA, only basic data is saved to the 'favorites.dat'

Note:   Old 'favorites.dat' must be deleted or FBA will have problems when loading the old format.

- Added driver Icons support for FBA. At the moment icons must be located at "<fba dir>/icons/". Icons display size can be configured at the UI Options menu.
   - Added options to configure the full-screen resolution for both 'horizonal' oriented and 'vertical' oriented games individually.
   - Added UI changes for all new features so everything can be configured in a very easy way.
   - Fixed another Windows Vista bug that was making FBA crash.
   - Fixed F5 events while playing a game, now the game sound will be handled properly.
   - Fixed a old memory leak when loading previews.
   - Optimized feature for the automatic downloading of support files, now it should be faster.

And here you have pictures of some of the new things...

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

kev

Re: Sneak Peek
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »
Nice looking work in progress Captain. I have had a go a writing a multi band eq but so far all I have is something that badly distorts the audio. I guess it's another thing to add to my very long list of things for me to fix and submit. To be honest I am getting very jealous of all the cool things people have been working on and finishing. :biggrin:

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
Nice looking work in progress Captain. I have had a go a writing a multi band eq but so far all I have is something that badly distorts the audio. I guess it's another thing to add to my very long list of things for me to fix and submit. To be honest I am getting very jealous of all the cool things people have been working on and finishing. :biggrin:

ThanX for the comment Kev, oh and you dont have to be jealous!  :p you have done lot of stuff for FBA! and it would be Cool! to have something like a Multi band equalizer for FBA!! I have tried hearing a WAV recording of a CPS2 game in WinAmp for example, and doing some modifications to its equalizer the sound can be heard with lot much quality ^^. So if you come up with something like that someday it will be a really Cool feature!! I think that's something you don't see everyday on a emu ^^. So I hope you can finish it someday man  ;p. I will not wish you luck, I will wish that you can succeed! because succeeding is better than luck ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline LittleKaneda

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:57:09 AM »
Dude that looks beautiful.

Are there some icon packs out there that I don't know about, or are those examples?  :p

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:00:25 AM »
Dude that looks beautiful.

Are there some icon packs out there that I don't know about, or are those examples?  :p

Those are from the MAMEUI official icon package originally found here:

http://mameui.classicgaming.gamespy.com/

but here you have them, I uploaded the package as 7zip to rapidshare so you don't have to go through GameSpy.com to get them :p

http://rapidshare.com/files/143845391/Icons.7z.html [6126 KB]

SeeYaa!

Offline isamu

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:55:37 AM »
 Niiiiiiice!  :biggrin:

Damn that is great stuff Captain! You're doing a marvelous job mayne! Keep up the excellent work! :)

By the way I have a quick question regarding Neo-Geo games.... is it possible to emulate a multi-slot Neo Geo board, so that we can switch between games with a simple key press like on a real cab? That'd be cool :)
GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES!!

Daytona USA is emulated for the PC.

*NOTHING more needs to be said*

Offline werr

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 01:44:33 PM »