Author Topic: nFBA controls question?  (Read 7176 times)

Offline Ave Satanas

nFBA controls question?
« on: December 05, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »
Im using 2DF Free Play for online play which uses nFBA & I use a PS2 controller. When I use MAME I can set 'Left' to 'Joystick Left' & Dpad Left' as well as 'Right'. I do this specifically for games like Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, but can be used for many other fighters that use dashing or running. Its too difficult to dash with an analog stick compared to the dpad. I use the analog for everything else. But to fully take advantage of dashing with no room for error or say charge partioning and charge buffering I need access to the dpad otherwise quickly dashing when its needed or the other 2 mentioned just doesnt cut it with the analog. I know all this would be solved with an arcade stick but I dont have the means to get one.

Is there a way to set it up like this in nFBA?

Or...

Is this something that can be worked on in future releases?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: nFBA controls question?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:34:09 AM »
Im using 2DF Free Play for online play which uses nFBA & I use a PS2 controller. When I use MAME I can set 'Left' to 'Joystick Left' & Dpad Left' as well as 'Right'. I do this specifically for games like Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, but can be used for many other fighters that use dashing or running. Its too difficult to dash with an analog stick compared to the dpad. I use the analog for everything else. But to fully take advantage of dashing with no room for error or say charge partioning and charge buffering I need access to the dpad otherwise quickly dashing when its needed or the other 2 mentioned just doesnt cut it with the analog. I know all this would be solved with an arcade stick but I dont have the means to get one.

Is there a way to set it up like this in nFBA?

Or...

Is this something that can be worked on in future releases?

Isn't there an official nFBA forum?

Offline Ave Satanas

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »
yea, apparently this. It doesnt matter FBA has the same problem so.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
yea, apparently this.
It's not. Or, if it is, that's news to me. 

It doesnt matter FBA has the same problem so.
And you're saying you want to set two buttons to trigger "right?"  + "problem" isn't exactly the right word. lol

Offline Ave Satanas

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »
I clicked on the link for the forum from where I downloaded nFBA so this has to be it, unofficially. Anyway, the 'issue' is yes I want to set 'right' and 'left' to both Dpad & Joystick left & right.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »
I clicked on the link for the forum from where I downloaded nFBA so this has to be it, unofficially. Anyway, the 'issue' is yes I want to set 'right' and 'left' to both Dpad & Joystick left & right.

Afaik, FB Alpha doesn't have a feature to map single 'input event' to multiple joystick(s) / device(s) button(s).

But it should be a nice feature to add in the future, so it will be on my list of things to try to add.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin: