Author Topic: How to Get Burned on Ebay....  (Read 14214 times)

Offline NJ7

How to Get Burned on Ebay....
« on: November 06, 2004, 09:51:46 PM »
Forget to read the feedback, this female is selling DVD-R's at store full price.....she wants me to send it back and pay shipping out of my pocket....she's got another thing coming if I'm sending her an "illegally" sold copy of a movie that she don't have the US Copyright on.....the disc don't even work in my PS2 or computer DVD, so I'm not even sure the damn thing works....Of course I spose I could have my brother try it out....the thing that pisses me off, I emailed her about PS2 compatibility and she said it would work, well it don't read the disc, I'm not even sure the PS2 is capable of reading DVD-R copies....CD-R's it does, I have a CD-R copy of some music I made, that don't work in my stereo, which is suppose to support CD-R's but it don't seem to work, of course maybe it's the brand of CD-R's or something....one reason why I don't make "backup" copies of DVD's or CD's cause they don't work in all players......if she wants the disc that badly she'll give me a refund plus shipping cost.....cause the hell if I'm letting her have a product back for shipping cost, plus let her sell it to someone else, and leave me out the door with nothing....hopefully the damn thing works in my brothers DVD player, maybe I should just invest in a stand alone DVD player, but I don't really want to do that until the DVD-R players are cheaper.....they are too expensive right now.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6337977656&rd=1

Link Above, So No One On This Forum Gets Scammed By This Biatch....

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 02:03:37 AM »
That sucks man.  My mom bought a disk she needed for work off ebay and ended up getting a crappy labeled cd-r.
She didn't mind so much because she got it cheap cheap cheap, but I thought it was pretty shitty.

Offline NJ7

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 02:37:36 AM »
Well, I filed a complaint with Paypal and she sent me a refund....so things appear ok, but if she thinks she's getting the dvd-r back at my shipping cost, she's got another thing coming, that's her loss....I don't give a crap, but she ain't getting no copied DVD-R that don't work in all DVD players, cause it's a violation of US Copyright laws anyway to sell that stuff for profit, she can try all she wants, but I'll do whatever in my power cause charging full price for DVD-R's movies is ridiculous, and it's in Ebay's selling regulations not to sell the stuff too..... :D  :p  :cool:  :rolleyes:

Well, if she paid more than a buck (and that would include jewel case, and printed off artwork....I don't care what it was, for a CD-R, she got robbed in my honest opinion.....  :eek:

Offline NJ7

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 02:54:24 AM »
What a crock of BS, now she set it up as a dutch auction for 10 more......this "dishonest" stuff extremely pisses me off.....

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:46:05 AM »
Have you reported her to ebay?  Maybe they can do something about these fradulent sales...

Offline NJ7

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 09:46:41 PM »
Well, at least I got my money back from Paypal, and yes I reported it to Ebay.....they removed that item and the dutch auction for it, but her username still remains......and she has other DVD-R (bootlegs), whatever ya wanna call them, they are still illegal.......at least I got my money back and still got the DVD-R, she still thinks I'm gonna send it back, but that's her loss I guess.... :D

Offline hagbard

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 06:19:19 AM »
Maybe it's not helpful but I can confirm PS2 read DVD-R Video. But it's a bit choosy about media, you will get the best results with good media and slow burn.

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Hmmm...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 03:51:09 PM »
Copy the games for ps2 and other won't work. But it will on the computer using the roms to play on the games roms programs.

PC game do work though after copies.

Movies...It depends how you burn it. Try it on the computer and see it pick up. She problemy don't know what program to copy the movies and burn with.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 08:43:45 AM »
He's just talking about copies of movies.  PS2s are very touchy about reading certain types of DVD-/+R/RW media.

I'm fairly certain everyone knows you can't copy ps2 games and play them in your ps2 without some sort of mod-chip/swap trick

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
Hmmm...
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 07:41:07 PM »
Yes I already knew that.

You can play the ps2 burn copies only on the computers by using a ps2 programs to play those. :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 08:29:17 PM »
Quote from: KingHanco
You can play the ps2 burn copies only on the computers by using a ps2 programs to play those. :)

Actually, no.  You can play burnt copies on a ps2.  There's not a ps2 emu out there that's worth a sh** yet.

Offline zizzy34

• Hillsdale County Pleasure King
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 09:10:21 PM »
Well, I've never had a bad experienc on ebay, but I've only bought a few things.  The biggest, however, was an old classical guitar.  I'm now looking at upgrading my current classical guitar (a different one), and will probably buy off of ebay also...