Author Topic: FBNeo SDL2 Linux keyboard binding  (Read 3642 times)

Offline mudakle

FBNeo SDL2 Linux keyboard binding
« on: July 17, 2022, 04:49:03 PM »
Hello
I'm trying to use FBneo SDL2 on Linux, to play a SF3S widescreen hack someone recently made.
The problem being that I'm a keyboard player, and I don't know how to bind my keys to actions
Would someone help me? I would like to stay on SDL2 and not migrating to libretro.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: FBNeo SDL2 Linux keyboard binding
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 02:22:20 AM »
Hi,

I think you just need to press tab and remap ? Assuming you are using the latest revision of the emulator. See https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/issues/1103

Offline mudakle

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 04:45:38 AM »
I am on the latest revision of the emulator but I still can't find how to remap.
I have "Controller options" but it doesn't seem like I can use my keyboard to remap them (you can see on the screenshot : it doesn't detect my keyboard as a controller).
I looked the issue you linked but the person in the issue already had a .ini file, I don't have any ini file (except one from the Fightcade's fork, but I don't know if they're compatible since there's a LOT of version between their forked version and the actual version)

EDIT: Thought, it doesn't bother me if I need to manually edit my sfiii3ws.ini file, I just need to know how to get the correct key ID.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:50:28 AM by mudakle »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 06:21:01 AM »
Sorry i'm not very knowledgeable about the sdl port, though i believe keyboard mapping is the issue cjom fixed just the other day. It might be easier to directly ask him on our discord if you can't get it to work.

Offline cjom

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 07:23:42 AM »
Hi!
The mapping menu is very basic and for controllers only...

EDIT: Thought, it doesn't bother me if I need to manually edit my sfiii3ws.ini file, I just need to know how to get the correct key ID.

This is the way :) You can get the keys IDs from https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/blob/master/src/intf/input/inp_keys.h

and if after edit you copy sfiii3ws.ini to ~/.local/share/fbneo/config/presets/cps.ini it will be used when playing other games fighting games for the first time...

Offline earomulo

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 04:47:54 PM »
I had the same question, thank you for the answers! :)

Now what's the difference between switch and constant in the ini file?
I'm tryint to set up the fire button as turbo, should I change it to constant?
Also, bellow the "input" section is a "macro" section for each button, how can I use this?

Thanks in advance! <3