Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.96.91 Release  (Read 40754 times)

Offline KOF2112

• Expert
FB Alpha 0.2.96.91 Release
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/index.php

v0.2.96.91
- Added the 2xPM filter to the softfx filters with help from Captain CPS-X
- Added ElSemi's SuperScale and SuperScale75 filters
- Made the IPS Manager fallback to Simplified Chinese as a last resort as
  this is the reference language for the MAME Plus IPS collection
- Made the IPS Manager description vertically scrollable for long
  descriptions and reorganised the dialog
- Added Captain CPS-X's auto monitor aspect ratio code
- Added driver for Unico games
- Moved the drawing code in CPS-1/CPS-2 to happen after the VBLANK IRQ -
  this shouldn't cause any problems but if you see anything that didn't
  happen in previous builds let us know

Offline salvawm

• Newbies
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.96.91 Release
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »
Cual es la mejor configuracion que puedo poner el emulador?
What is the best configuration?

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 05:36:23 PM »
Nice timing ^^, I just finished working on something Barry needed :biggrin:

Expect something in a couple of mins  :wink:

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
Kaillera Client feature for FB Alpha v0.2.96.91

Here it is! Kaillera update for the latest FB Alpha, you don't neccessary need the DLL to use the emulator, and if you like to play online just use the included 'kailleraclient.dll' v0.9 with support of Windows XP Theme! ^^ No more invisible areas in the netplay window  :biggrin:

I did a package including all the modded files ready to go, so you only have to replace the old source files and compile. There is a TXT file inside with step-by-step instructions to manually add kaillera support to FBA if you don't wanna overwrite your source for some reason  :smilie:

Enjoy! and if anyone have issues adding the feature please let me know ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »
It'd be better if it was dynamically loaded and initialized inside and then freed up inside DoNetGame. It'd save wasting unneeded resources in presence of the kailleraclient.dll. There were some other issues too with the netplay implementation the last time around which was carried onto this patch. I don't mind posting a patch to that later in the day when I'm home but still...kaillera is outdated.

Edit: also: latest version of nfba based on the last version: http://kaillera.movsq.net/old/nfbadtrcfull.7z You should be able to use it's netplay with http://okai.movsq.net/wip/n02.dll

I don't fully understand what you mean by 'dinamically loaded', but anyway, I posted that update to re-enable the support of kaillera, BUT making it possible to launch FBA without the 'dll', that way giving the user the liberty of using FBA for netplay or for normal play. The reason kaillera was removed from FBA was because the emu itself was depending on the file to work, so Barry then decided to remove it completely.

btw, this update was requested by Barry (Treble Winner) and I was glad to help him out ^^, he told me other things he had in mind but that's not public and i will not ruin his future surprises :p

I'll keep giving support to the official build of FBA like I have always done because its the big thing and because its the original, not like the other crappy closed source builds around the net (I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings xD). There will be a day when the users will have everything they need in only one nice and clean official build.

SeeYaa!

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:48:35 PM »
I don't fully understand what you mean by 'dinamically loaded', but anyway, I posted that update to re-enable the support of kaillera, BUT making it possible to launch FBA without the 'dll', that way giving the user the liberty of using FBA for netplay or for normal play. The reason kaillera was removed from FBA was because the emu itself was depending on the file to work, so Barry then decided to remove it completely.

btw, this update was requested by Barry (Treble Winner) and I was glad to help him out ^^, he told me other things he had in mind but that's not public and i will not ruin his future surprises :p

I'll keep giving support to the official build of FBA like I have always done because its the big thing and because its the original, not like the other crappy closed source builds around the net (I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings xD). There will be a day when the users will have everything they need in only one nice and clean official build.

SeeYaa!
Think you misunderstood me. Just lost interest so nvm.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »
Think you misunderstood me. Just lost interest so nvm.

no problem... [?]...I said clearly that I didn't understand what you mean by 'dynamically loaded'... hoping you may explain a little more but no problem if you just lost interest ^^U

BTW, the stuff I wrote about 'crappy closed source builds' wasn't refering to your build xD, you release the source everytime so there is no issue  :p

If what I say seems a bit strange is because my original language is Spanish so sorry if I said something wrong  :redface:

Finally, Im gonna test a modification I made to be able to select the Kaillera Client DLL from anywhere on the PC and save the path into the fba.ini, if everything goes right i will post the code here too ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline lxd_bruce

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 12:04:17 AM »

Here it is! Kaillera update for the latest FB Alpha, you don't neccessary need the DLL to use the emulator, and if you like to play online just use the included 'kailleraclient.dll' v0.9 with support of Windows XP Theme! ^^ No more invisible areas in the netplay window  :biggrin:

I did a package including all the modded files ready to go, so you only have to replace the old source files and compile. There is a TXT file inside with step-by-step instructions to manually add kaillera support to FBA if you don't wanna overwrite your source for some reason  :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Awesome!Thx Captain :biggrin:

Offline LittleKaneda

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 03:51:58 AM »
Compiling src/interface/2xpm.cpp...
src/interface/2xpm.cpp: In function `void _2xpm_1516(void*, void*, long
   unsigned int, long unsigned int, long unsigned int, long unsigned int, int)
   ':
src/interface/2xpm.cpp:81: warning: unused parameter `int depth'
Compiling src/burn/burn.cpp...

intentional?

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 04:18:14 AM »
intentional?

Use the official release - I tidied the warning already.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:24:16 AM »
It'd be better if it was dynamically loaded and initialized inside and then freed up inside DoNetGame. It'd save wasting unneeded resources in presence of the kailleraclient.dll. There were some other issues too with the netplay implementation the last time around which was carried onto this patch. I don't mind posting a patch to that later in the day when I'm home but still...kaillera is outdated.

Edit: also: latest version of nfba based on the last version: http://kaillera.movsq.net/old/nfbadtrcfull.7z You should be able to use it's netplay with http://okai.movsq.net/wip/n02.dll

I'm not particuarly well-versed on netplay at all - if someone wants to volunteer to do it properly (using kaillera or whatever else is out there currently) in the official tree then please volunteer. :) The only stipulation I will make is that the emulator should not need a dll to be present in order to run normally, nor should it include any netplay library as an object. Anyone up for it?
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 04:54:47 AM »
FB Alpha v0.2.96.91 - NeoSource Download Mirrors

I updated the FB Alpha collection available here at NeoSource with the latest releases of both Source and Binary, here are the direct downloads:

fba_src_029691.zip [~2.87MB][Source]
fba_029691.zip [~2.22MB][Unicode Binary]

FinalBurn Alpha Download Checkpoint -> http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=832.0

SeeYaa!

Offline pmc2

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 04:59:22 AM »
2xPM in FBA use HQ or LQ mode?

PS:

preview pack full: http://www.emu-france.com/?page=fichiers&idFile=1422
titles pack full: http://www.emu-france.com/?page=fichiers&idFile=1914

:)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:31:30 AM by pmc2 »

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 05:34:16 AM »

SeeYaa!

Thanks for that Captain. For some reason the menu item isn't available for me here? It just plain isn't shown.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 05:43:10 AM »
Thanks for that Captain. For some reason the menu item isn't available for me here? It just plain isn't shown.

Seem to have corrected it by moving the menuitem down below the most recently used games entry - weird.

Edit - now works in the original place - I must have done something daft! Captain's code is in - if anyone wants to expand on netplay as I said earlier please let us know.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:46:37 AM by Treble Winner »