Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release  (Read 39569 times)

Offline 0746

• Expert
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.96.92 Release
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 09:35:51 AM »
Ummm Barry
I was wondering if you could please do a regular expression search for
"{<STDINPUTINFO|STD_ROM_FN|STD_ROM_PICK|STDDIPINFO|STDROMPICKEXT|STDDIPINFOEXT|DEFWORDHANDLERS|DEFLONGHANDLERS>.*};"
and replace with
"\1"
on burn and subfolders
and comment/remove line 206 of pgm_prot.cpp

This is probably not critical but some versions of mingw complains about extra semicolons and can't find pgmy2ks otherwise.

edit: I mean...it doesn't compile.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:37:41 AM by 0746 »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »
Hey Barry! ^^ when you check your PM, and if you use the updates I made, get the 'png.cpp' attached here too, I implemented a clean mode to handle the 'Downloading, please wait' image display using a bool variable and a new small function, ..oh and now all HBITMAPS / TCHARs are deleted / freed when not needed anymore, that way making the function release unneeded resources from memory ^^

SeeYaa!
:biggrin:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »
Thanks - I'll pick up tomorrow.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 03:20:31 AM »
Just posting to ask a little question about something I noticed in the latest MAME release

Can some of these be ported to FBA ? or it would be complicated ?

More FM OPN fixes [Eke, R. Belmont]
 - Pass chip type around and restore Jarek's original behavior for
    YM2203/YM2610
 - Always recalculate attack rate in set_ar_ksr, fixes Megadrive/
    Genesis "Batman & Robin"

Added reverse engineered PLD images to CPS1 games (A-board to all
and B-board and C-board to many).
[Corrado Tomaselli, Charles MacDonald]

Implemented proper shadow handling in SNK drivers. [Nicola Salmoria]

Fixed sfiii3's title animation and the linear zoom effect that
OopsWare didn't improve properly since 0.122u7. [Joshua Chang]

EDIT: Btw, this is not a request ^^U, Im only wondering if it's complicated or not to add these stuff  :smilie:

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 04:30:03 AM »
More FM OPN fixes [Eke, R. Belmont]
 - Pass chip type around and restore Jarek's original behavior for
    YM2203/YM2610
 - Always recalculate attack rate in set_ar_ksr, fixes Megadrive/
    Genesis "Batman & Robin"
Done - this is in the source I sent you yesterday. :)

Added reverse engineered PLD images to CPS1 games (A-board to all
and B-board and C-board to many).
[Corrado Tomaselli, Charles MacDonald]
Also done - this is in the source I sent you yesterday. :)

Implemented proper shadow handling in SNK drivers. [Nicola Salmoria]
We would need an SNK driver first - http://www.mameworld.net/maws/driverinfo/snk.c

Fixed sfiii3's title animation and the linear zoom effect that
OopsWare didn't improve properly since 0.122u7. [Joshua Chang]
I've checked the driver and it appears that the new MAME code has been taken out of FBA - looks like oopsware didn't port these fixes across.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 04:52:07 AM »
Cool!, ...about the SNK stuff...I thought that was NeoGeo related xDD LOL ^^U... my bad

And ThanX for the info!  :biggrin:

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »
Hey Barry I dont know if this helps but I noticed that in the case of the debug driver 'X-Men 2 Clone Wars' (Megadrive), when you start the game the BGM / SFX Sounds are fine but!...if you get hit by an enemy that would trigger another type of sound, of course FBA is not being able to handle it for some reason and finally after you get hit the character is supposed to do some type of reaction like "UGH!" but thats not happening..plus after that all other sounds playing at the moment will break...here its an example of what happens...

please imagine the following as sound events as they progress in the game, i will use words simulating the music and sounds...

" . . .!!CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES THIS IS MY LAST RESO...(BGM SAMPLE xD). . SLASH(SOUND FX) . . . BOOM(SFX) . . . UGH!(CHARACTER VOICE SOUND) . . .OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...(BGM SAMPLE Died with the UGH! trigger, that btw cant be heard in FBA xD)"

it was supposed to be working like...

" . . .!!CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES THIS IS MY LAST RESO...(BGM SAMPLE xD). . SLASH(SOUND FX) . . . BOOM(SFX) . . . UGH!(CHARACTER VOICE SOUND) . . .RT, SUFFOCATION, NO BREATHING...(BGM SAMPLE DIDN'T die with the UGH! trigger)"

I tested X-Men 2 Clone Wars in other megadrive emu and the voice sounds are heard but in FBA it seems that only by trying to play the voice is breaking other sounds as well.

I hope you understand my example of events LOL

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 03:21:41 AM »
Megadrive is fairly preliminary so there are plenty of issues. AFAIK kev has done some work on it and has a better version - not sure if he's done any work on sound though.

Offline Lemonzest

• Newbies
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 06:57:29 AM »
Megadrive sound is still too fast on some games, can be best heard on sonic and knuckles + sonic 3 intro.

kev

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 08:02:51 AM »
I have done some work on the sound. Basically the z80 is acting a bit weird and I couldn't figure out why, so I have made a start on adding a z80 debugger to fba. I might have something to post by the end of next week.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 08:16:55 AM »
I have done some work on the sound. Basically the z80 is acting a bit weird and I couldn't figure out why, so I have made a start on adding a z80 debugger to fba. I might have something to post by the end of next week.

Very nice. :)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »

Hey kev if you make some findings there probably that would help with NeoGeo CD problems too, that most of them are sound related and I have not figured out whats wrong with Z80  :redface:... recently I was testing my old WIP on the latest source Barry sent me and I managed to get 'Ironclad, SSRPG, MSlug 1 / 2, Last Hope and some others' to work fine without having to modify Clock frequency of Z80 like I was doing before, the only ones that need some intervention are Aero Fighters 2 / 3 because there seems to be some SoundCommands that are sent in some ranges that freaks the Z80 and the game goes silent most of the time from start of game, but if I block some command from certain ranges I have studied then Aero Fighters 2 / 3 will be able to play sounds almost for all game (probably sometimes will go in silence again because there may be some sound commands I haven't noticed) (this seems to be the same issue with X Men 2 Clone Wars [Megadrive] too)...

Finally, that was just testing a bit, because I always end up scratching my head to much on NeoCD matter so, Im just waiting Z80 get better on FBA to keep working on it ^^U... for now I have a old source always backed up with .CUE parsing for getting .BIN / MP3s / WAVs...support for MP3/WAV playback without SDL (NeoCD doesnt need any SDL at all :p), ...CD-ROM / CDDA supported for all games (only problem is getting the Tracks from Z80 SoundCommands that most of KOF9X send empty probably some register aren't going well, lot of games have CDDA working, like Mslug 1 / 2, SSRPG, Aero Fighters 1 / 2, Last Hope, and others)

There is a library implemented with all NeoGeo CD games with all NeoCD IDs, Titles, Manufacturer, year and romset names that can be used through FBA to handle each game info in different ways, so we dont have to get Titles from some part of the ROMs  :p..

All of NeoGeo CD source files were made independent in a 95% percent from neogeo source itself, so it will not affect neogeo emulation core if we do mods in the core of NeoCD for some reason ^^,...Other UI implementations are there but all of that is backed up until z80 get better :smilie:

Sooo xDD... I hope KEV can find some clues of whats happening with the Z80 core, because IQ_132 was trying to port some other games as well that are z80 based, sometimes and z80 just didnt want to run the games no matter how good the code was, or how similar the code was to MAME

Btw, Im not requesting anyone to work on Z80 ^^U, Im just expressing my feelings about z80 T___T most of them are sad xDDD LOL

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
Btw, Im not requesting anyone to work on Z80 ^^U, Im just expressing my feelings about z80 T___T most of them are sad xDDD LOL

SeeYaa!

I actually think Doze is very good - the main drawback is usually when complicated encryption is used. The only thing I haven't been able to get it to do is the encryption on Sega System 1 and the MC8123 based encryption - other than that it copes very well.

kev

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
If people have drivers with problems then I would suggest posting them. As for neogeo, although it's not public and no one who posts here has anything to do with it's development or release, there exists a wip driver that emulates neocd more accuratly than any other emulator.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 11:45:55 PM »
I actually think Doze is very good - the main drawback is usually when complicated encryption is used. The only thing I haven't been able to get it to do is the encryption on Sega System 1 and the MC8123 based encryption - other than that it copes very well.
I had trouble with tnzs reading inputs because of a problem with doze. 
I've attached another game that just refuses to run correctly, and I've ported it several times (though it could just be me making the same mistake over and over again).

If people have drivers with problems then I would suggest posting them. As for neogeo, although it's not public and no one who posts here has anything to do with it's development or release, there exists a wip driver that emulates neocd more accuratly than any other emulator.

And we've been waiting for it's release for years.  I'm not holding to hold my breath.