Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

windows 7 - unwanted frameskip

(1/12) > >>

AtTheGates:
hi,

when i'm on windows 7, pretty much all games i try on the newest FBA build (029707, but happens with all the old ones as well) have frameskip. This might not be easily recognized by most people - i play fighting games, so i'm pretty sure. the emulator runs perfectly under XP, which i run on the same pc. my machine is strong enough (quad core, 4 gig ram, geforce 8800gt), so performance shouldnt be the problem.

is there any reliable way to fix this? so far i've played around with the blitters, changed from windowed to fullscreen, played around with resolutions and changed priority to "high" under misc. no success.

iq_132:

Open up your task manager (right-click the start menu->start task manager->processes tab), click the "show processes from all users" button and play your game in windowed mode with that up in the background. It should tell you how much cpu, etc it is using (since you're using a Quad-core cpu, if fba is using more than 25% cpu [since it is only a single-threaded emulator], it won't run at full speed, which is quite strange). You may also find that another process (virus scanner?) is eating cpu cycles like mad.

You may also want to give updating your sound and video drivers a try as well as making sure your version of directx is the most up-to-date.

AtTheGates:
it's at 1-3%. drivers are up to date, no virus scanner etc. running. it's definitely not the strain on the system, i suspect it must have something to do with refresh rate and how win7 handles it or something.  keep in mind that i could play just fine on xp, got 2 OSes on this pc.

i know of other people who have the problem - well, in fact i know only one other person who used fba with win7, and he has the same problem.

Barry Harris:
Try changing your power options to High Performance. CPU throttling seems to have an effect on performance.

AtTheGates:
aren't those power settings for laptops? oô
anyway, i still don't think it's performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version